chapter 23> A break from reality.

The very moment we stand face to face with our past and all the truth lies right infront of us. All the feeling of anger and uncertainty may or may not occur but all that matters after all is healing.

Lia's POV.

I just stood there frozen as i stared at him immensely. Was i drunk? Has all the drama going on here suddenly affected my mental health? Was i really seeing things? Or was he really here? No! I definitely heard him say lia. He is real he's right infront of me. Wait no! This is similar. This occurence had happened before, me thinking a complete stranger was sanè and i already hugged the confused person before realizing i was bat shit crazy and imagining things.

"Miss Manuel-Antonio! Are you okay?"
Kate yelled as she grabbed my arms really tight.

"Yes! Yes I'm"
I replied her still trying to study sanè.

He was really here and i couldn't do anything but stare at him and watch him look at me in disbelieve. I guess he was also shocked to see me. Well he did a crazy good job in avoiding me all these years.

"Lia is that really you?"
He asked as he closed in for a really tight hug and i just let myself feel everything.

I had missed him so much. No day went by without me reading his letter all over again. It was like a resurrection call for me to keep going on no matter how hard things were. "Do it for sanè" ,"he'll be back for both of us" " he promised" . I had chanted all those years until it seemed like he was really not coming back and here he was right in front of me holding me so tight. He was really back.

"Do you know each other?"
Cole sprout asked obviously trying to make sense out of the situation.

"Uhm yeah. Yeah she's-"
Sanè was about to say something before i cut him off.

"We ran into each other some time ago. I didn't know he was the CEO we had been expecting"
I said trying to prevent my personal life from clashing with work.

I really couldn't wait to talk to him after all of this. I had so many questions to ask. So many things to say and i have so many feelings i want to express and truth is i didn't even no where to start from. It was like i suddenly felt light and i was floating in uncertainties.

"Can i talk to miss Manuel-Antonio alone about the case?"
Sanè asked.

"I'm afraid mr Aguerò. She has been removed from the case. Anything you need you can get from Miss kate powers over here or myself"
Cole sprout replied and i was utterly disgusted. How could i be removed from the case? The case i had been working on for over a month. I had worked my butt off for this opportunity in my career and he was just going to kick me to the curb.

"Well, If that's the case I'm dropping your law firm as my representative"
Sanè replied and i could see the anger arising on Cole's face. Why exactly was sanè doing this? I wasn't even a hundred percent sure i could do this with him.

"Mr Aguerò you don't have to do that. She's back on the case and she will be your go to consultant"
Kate replied and cole wasn't in the littlest bit happy about any of that.

I wonder why he was such a cry baby. Let it go!! Gosh! I get he hates me but he's making it hella obvious. He's not even being professional about anything.

"So can we have the room?"
Sanè said and cole gave up and left angrily with kate.

I just stood there and watched him. He looked perfect in his coral blue suit and his tattoos were hiding beneath his clear white shirt. His hair was styled nicely and his aura filled the air quickly and a deafening silence took over. He was different, Really really different. He looked mean and grumpy behind how extremely ravishing he looked right now and just like the first time i met him there's still sadness under those beautiful brown eyes.