chapter 37> What's hope?

Why do we hope? Why do we believe there's something left when its clear there's nothing to fight for? Hoping seems a little selfish when everything clearly can't pick it self up any longer . What then is left for us to do?

Sanè's POV.

        I watched the nurses drag her away from me and at that moment i wondered what will happen to us from now on. The possibility of me having a child crossed my mind before the anaesthetic hit. Did lia know? How is it even possible to have a son? Did lia give birth without letting me know? What i was thought wouldbe a blissful ending for me and lia seems more like hope now.  I may have lost her for life and i lost all desire to come out of this surgey or even live to tell the tales.

*three weeks later*

"Sane! Are you finally awake"
I slowly opened my eyes and i coudln't make out the person calling out my name.

"Uhm--i have to get the doctor! Oh my God!"
The person ran off excitedly before i finally saw things clearly.

  I was still at the hospital and a lot of things came back to me at once. Where is lia? How long have i been out? I needed real answers and sitting here wouldn't help. I stood up and took out the IV from my wrist and made my way out. My head hurt from the bandaged but not the hurt i was used to. It was better more like it was elevated and like a weight had been lifted of me.

"Uhm-- I'm looking for Annelia Manuel-Antonio ward?
I asked the receptionist.

"Uhm-- we don't have a patient by that name here and besides you are the patient from room 365. You shouldn't be here"
She said and immediately proceeded to take me back to my room.

"I'm okay. Please check again for Annelia"
I asked.

"Sir, i have to help you back to your room and there's no patient by that name"
She replied and i could tell she's had enough of my tantrums.

"I said I'm fine! Check again!"
I lost my temper and a whole bunch of thoughts started to hit me.

"Sane!"
Gigi ran towards me with some doctors.

"Why'd you leave the room?!"
She yelled at me.

"Gigs I'm fine. Really I'm.  Where's lia?"
I asked and i could sense her reluctance.

"Sanè lets go back to your room. I have great news"
She said happily.

"How long was i out gigi?"
I asked.

"Three weeks."
She replied and i couldnt believe it.

"Mr Aguerò, we still have some check ups to do before we can finally let you go."
The doctor said.

   I finally returned back to bed after gigi and the doctor convinced me i still had some check ups to do.

"Gigi. Where is lia?"
I asked.

"Uhm-- sanè-"
She went on before the doctors cut her off.

"Mr Aguerò, i must say you're an extremely lucky man"
He went on.

"During your last crisis, our expert surgeon was on ground and luckily even at 0.01% success rate, she was able to get rid of almost all the tumor growth. Of course you still need medications to kill the remaining but great news is that it's stopped growing."
I was excited that i didn't have to die anymore but i was more concerned about where lia was and what was happening.

"Thanks doctor. I'm really grateful but Annelia Manuel-Antonio was a patient here or is still one and i really neeed to know where she is"
I asked.