chapter 39> An unending break.

People often say destiny and fate is nothing but what will be and what will not be. Life can either be a bed of roses or a bed of thornes.

Sanè's POV.

      "I have to be home early gigi"
I refused my annoying little sister.

"It's just a few hours sanè. I promise you'll be home before you even know it"
She kept bugging me.

"Okay fine! but where are we going anyways?"
I asked out of curiousity.

"Well like i said over the phone earlier, my friend's dad wants to give me a job and you being my very succesful brother you'll help me convince him with your money and aura that I'm the best for the job."
She went on but i could definitely see through her lies.

"Okay whatever you say."
I Concurred.

"Alright I'll wait downstairs while you get ready"
She said.

"Yeah 7 right?"
I asked to confirm.

"No we have to leave now!"
She immediately refuses.

"And don't worry I've brought nice clothes for you. Just change and get into the car."
She said.

"You got clothes for me? How wierd. This most be really important."
I purposely said to get her to reveal the actual truth behind where exactly we were going.

"I'll be in the car big bro"
She completely changed the topic and left.

     We both left my office by 6:30 and made our way to where ever it is we were going. I kept feeling uneasy for God knows why exactly. We almost had a mini accident because for some reason i wasnt really concentrating.

"Sanè you almost got us killed!"
Gigi yelled.

"Sorry I'm just uneasy besides death is a little too far don't you think"
I joked.

"I'm telling mom!"
She yelled again.

"Feel free gigi."
I laughed.

"Just take a right turn here and try harder not to get us killed for real this time"
She went on.

"Alright but why are there so many people here and police? What did you do gigi!"
It was my turn to yell now.

"Nothing! I don't also know what's going on. Park the car here let me figure it out."
She said.

"No! Can't you see there's a police tape. Is this a crime scene?? Gigi!"
I yelled again.

"Oh for heaven's sake sanè get down and let's see what's happening or did i get the address wrong?"
She said.

"Gigi you have 10 seconds to tell me what the hell is going on!"
I was beginning to get frantic.

"Okay fine! Lia planned a party for you tonight. It was supposed to be a surprise and i just had one job which was getting you here and obviously i blew it and forgot the address"
She sounded defeated.

"Oh. I'm sorry gigi."
I apologized.

"I'll just call lia and find out"
She went into the car.

  I was definitely sure it was lia's ringtone i was hearing but something was off. I followed the sound of the ringtone till i got to the back of an ambulance. The police were running around trying to get people under control and that was when it hit me. All the people here are family and friends and this was my surprise party. Where is lia??! And what happened here??!!

    I stopped a police officer and asked what happened here.