chapter 24> Rebuilding bridges.

Being at peace has to be the best feeling. You just know that no matter what you'll be fine because you've made peace with everyone and everything then every thing begins to fall in place. To be in peace is to find nothing but absolute bliss.

Lia's POV.

I was extremely clueless about where i was going, I just kept on running happily and i could feel a surge of electricity flow through every vain in my body like i was the flash or something. It was something i haven't felt in a very long time and i embraced every single ounce of feeling. I never want any of this to end, not now and not ever.

After running almost a mile without any idea of where exactly sanè lived or where exactly he was, I decided to take a cab and go all the way to Greènas tech company, maybe he was still there or i would get some information about where he stayed and where i could find him. On getting there the whole company had closed for the night and the only person i could find was the security guard that was about leaving.

"Sorry sir. Do you have any idea where i can find Mr Aguerò?"
I asked the security guard politely.

"Sorry they all left for the day"
He replied.

"Yeah but i really need to see Mr Aguerò. An address, chill spot or anything would do i just need to find him."
I said desperately.

"Sorry but i just work here that's all"
He replied and continued walking away from me.

I was really scared that he would have gone away again after what i said to him and now my fears are beginning to seem real. Where the hell is he? I should have just told him every thing i feel towards him right there and then. Why did i have to lie and push him away and just when i thought i could be happy he's gone again.

"Lia? is that you?"
I heard someone call out to me and i looked over my shoulder but the person was covered in darkness and little light.

"Lia I'm sorry i let you go before. I promise you i would never do that again. Lia I'm here to stay if you'll let me. I know I've missed a lot and I cannot seem to get you out of my head after so many years. My life was so empty without you and suddenly i see you and i have a million and one reasons why i should stay alive. I met you in my darkest times and you lifted me up and i knew it from then that you were the only good thing i have in my life. Lia I've always needed you and i still need you"
Sanè said and it was all i had wanted to hear all these years. Hell! Since the day i met him.

"Sanè I'm so in love with you and we've come so far. I mean look how we've grown and i never want to let you go"
I replied and hugged him so tight and it felt real.

"I love you too lia"
He said and kissed me.

In that moment, it was real. It was all i had ever wanted. I was in love and i wasn't afraid to let my guard. It was all or nothing with sanè and it was driving me so crazy. The feeling of him. His kisses. His touch. His smell. Everything felt perfect and call me crazy but it was heaven!.

"It's a little place but really comfortable"
Sanè said as he scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

We had left the Greènas tech company and we were at his house. I was kind of shocked at how much he had achieved over the years and i kind of felt left behind because i haven't achieved half of it.

"Little? I haven't even achieved this much sanè"
I replied.

"Shhh. Look at me. This is all for you. You kept me going. I always thought that only rich people get to find whatever they lost. So i worked my butt off so i could have enough to find you"
He said while holding my face in his hands and kissed my forehead.