chapter 29> Let's reunite.

Sometimes being on the edge can bring out the worst in us. We tend to make wrong moves, make wrong decisions and even worst judgements. At the end we end up nursing the consequences of our tight time. What's important is that despite the mistakes we embrace it and sour higher.

Lia's POV.

As every second passed i could feel my heart skip a beat. I prayed for death selfishly but the angel of terror ignored me over and over. The closer i got to the event hall the more desparate i became. The what ifs clouded my mind like a storm. What would happen if sanè couldn't come? What if i was asking of to much from him? I'm really giving it my all not be so scared but being a coward is the only option my heart and brain keeps picking.

" we are here ma'am"
I gasped as the driver suddenly said.

"Yeah-- can i get a minute please?"
I asked really scared of what will happen as i got out of this car.

"Ma'am i have been given strict orders to drop you off at the event hall"
He replied and got out to open the rear door for me almost immediately.

"Welcome Mrs. Powers!!!"
Keith's assistant, Liela yelled and cued the excorts to help me out of the car.

"Uhm-- liela is it time to go in already?"
I asked praying intensely that something had gone terribly wrong somewhere.

"Well not yet. You'll be directed to the waiting room where you'll meet Mr. Powers, then you both will walk out together on the MC's cue"
She replied.

"I thought it was supposed to have started already"
I asked wishing her answer will be what i want it to be.

"Well Mr. Powers biggest business rival hasn't arrived yet. He made a last minute request to be present at the party"
She answered me.

Keith was so different from who i dated for almost three years. He was more hate driven and all he cared about was showing off. This useless business rival and keith have been at it for almost five months now. He was all keith cared about. Impressing him and beating him was all keith was obsessed with. Oh! and also making my life a miserable hell.

"Let's go please"
Leila cued for me to move along.

As i walked towards the waiting room i could hear the voices of so many people. People i didn't care about and people who didn't even know me but they were all hear to witness Keith's win. It made me sick to think he coudln't even let my own mother be present at this event. Even if it was fake at least he should have showed her some respect. I caught a glimpse of kate and how glad she looked. If only i could tell her what a monster her sweet and loving brother had become.

"There you are baby!"
He yelled as he quickly gobbled some pills in his mouth.

"Let's get this over with as soon as possible keith"
I walked passed him ignoring his stretched out arms.

"Well i don't mean to rain on your parade but if you think sanè is coming to save you. I'll advice you to stop cause i didn't give him any invite. I can't risk him ruining things"
He said.

"Keith tell me something. Are you truly happy?"
I asked him as i glared into his eyes.

"Why yes!"
He yelled happily like he was high as fuck.

"No i mean beneath all of this. Are you really this exicted to tell the whole world you got out there that you are getting engaged to someone who feels nothing but hatred and pity for you?"
I asked as tears fell from my eyes.

"Answer me keith!!"
I yelled as my tears fell uncontrollably.

"Uhm-- Mr. Powers, Mr. Firmino is here"
Leila walked in and i immediately had to hide my running eyes from her.