† One †

*Present Day*

"Dakota! Niko! Arrow! Bear! Ge odon hir, don dina" I demand.

Their large paws hitting the ground are loud as they run towards me. Dakota is a pure white, Niko is almost fully white but has one black paw and Arrow and Bear are full black.  Their coats are beautiful. I toss them each a deer and I start working on cooking my fish.

I had already taken the skin off of the deer and started to make them into coats. For each of them. They're going to need it when we move again.

I know that people from trikru are looking for me. Arabella must have sent them. I don't know why she's still hanging onto the though of me going back there again.

I slide into the tent and hear Dakota let out a whine. She's the only girl. She's also a big baby and gets jealous very easily. I open the tent and motion my hand. She happily trots in and the three others follow. There's no more room. I smile at them before walking out of the tent and sitting by the fire. They're the only things I care for.

I lean against a log and I close my eyes. I could hear the soft snores of Bear and knew they had fallen asleep.

"Why laik yu hir" I demand when I could hear the breathing of at least two people.

"A- Amara Sharp, y-y-your presence is called upon by T- The Commander" the grown man stutters as I turn around to face him, standing up to meet his eye.

"T-t-the" I mock with a smirk. "Tell Anya, if she wants to speak with me, she has to find me" I state, pulling out a knife. The two men shiver.

"We won't leave until we get a final answer" the taller of the two demands, standing up straight.

I giggle. "I don't remember asking if your were gonna leave or not. I told you to do it. So I suggest that you leave before I cut off your friends dick and glue it to your forehead" I growl, threatening the two men. I turn around, sensing Niko had woken up. I could hear a battle cry and the sound of a sword. The taller man didn't get far in killing me, seeing how he was already ripped to shreds by Niko.

I look at the only man left.

"Five."

I start to count down innocently, like I didn't just have a wolf murder his friend.

"Four"

A smile appears on my face. I love when they shiver in fear and stutter, praying they don't say the wrong thing to me.

"Three"

The smaller man starts to sprint away.

"Good choice" I mutter when I can't see his figure in the distance.

"Let's get you cleaned up, Niko." I tell the wolf and he softly nudged my leg. He tramples into the tent and wakes his siblings up.

Did I forget to mention that I taught them how to understand both English and trigedasleng.

Wolves, after the bombing, can live really really long.

They sprint towards the river and immediately jump in. I run after them.

I watch from the side and grin as the play in the shallow water.

Hooves hit the ground as they race towards us. Anya. They stop in the clearing behind me. "Anya" I speak steadily.

"Amara Sharp, or should I say, Shadow" she greets. I roll my eyes and her guards tense as turn to face them.

"My apprentice, Lexa, she's been told of your cold hearted front" the taller women continues on, her hands behind her back.

"Who said it was a front" I smile devilishly. The four wolves slowly stalk out of the water, teeth barren with their lips in a snarl. I put my hand up and they immediately stop.

"Why are you here Anya." I get straight to the point. Why is she here?

"You. You work for Mount Weather, am I correct" she asks.

"I don't work for them, they work for me" I state and she meets my eyes. A small smile graces her lips and I take out my favorite dagger, cleaning it with the cloth I had attached to my belt.

"We need an inside man, to get information on them. I would like to send you in" the blonde states, staring at me.

I tilt my head to look at her.

"What would I get from this, I don't make deals I won't gain from" I state with a glare. She visibly shivers and her body tenses under my cold gaze.

"You can have your place back in Ton DC" she offers.

My body tenses and I stop breathing for a moment.

"I believe you have me all wrong Anya. I don't want my place back in Ton DC. You're far to late for that. It's simple" I state coldly.

"What I want................it's nothing you can give me" I tell her, seeing her face fall.

"Good day, Heda" I mock. She huffs before kicking herself up onto her horse.

I wiggle my fingers at her before she turns her horse and rides away, her posse following her.

Arrow nudges my leg and I pet his head.

I sit on the edge of the river, tossing rocks into the clear water.

The four wolves curl around me, ears up, paying attention to any sounds. I sigh and toss another rock.

Why did she think offering me back my spot in her army after a decade would get me to help her. I do things that only help me and the four wolves I've grown to love. No one and nothing else.

That's how it has to be.

When you care, you get hurt.

I've had enough hurt in my life.

I'm done.