† Twelve †

The creaking of the large doors pulls us apart and I quickly throw my hood up.

Lexa walks in, a worried look on her face.

"Reapers" she states and Anyas expression changes completely.

She looks at me and I nod sternly, knowing what she wanted me to do.

"Lexa, get her a horse. A fast one" the leader demands and I follow her second out of the tower.

It takes quite some time to get to the bottom floor and my hand shakes along the way.

The girl glances at my hands before it shifts up to my masked face.

"You wear a hood. Why" the brunette asks hesitantly.

"To hide the ugly underneath" I state roughly, not liking her prodding into my personal life.

"It can't be that bad" she tells me.

"Don't be naive. Only people with the worst of faces wear hoods" I tell her, tensing.

She glares at me.

"Your petty little glare doesn't scare me" My words cause her to glare even harder at me.

When we finally reach the first floor, we run towards the stables. She picks me out a horse, an all black stallion.

I kick myself up onto the saddle with ease and shift, getting comfortable.

I watch as Lexa gets on her own horse before we take off. She leads me to the reapers and I nod, telling her to leave.

She hesitates but when I glare at her she goes. My wolves aren't here. It's just me.

I feel a wave of loneliness wash over me but I ignore it.

I let out a loud whistle and hear the voices shout. Reapers.

Nasty creatures.

Absolutely disgusting.

That's why I'm going to enjoy this so much.

They come at me from all sides, four or five of them.

I grin under my hood and draw my weapons. They all let out cry's as they sprint towards me and I expertly slice and dice every single one of them.

I call out for anyone that's tied to a log and hear a yell.

It was a yell for help.

I sprint in that direction and finally make it to three or four people blind folded and tied to a log.

I cut them all free and the peel the cloth around their eyes off.

They squint at the light and begin to thank me.

"Don't thank me. Go home" I demand, not liking how many eyes were on me at the moment. They nod before they run in different directions.

I place my fingers in between my lips and let out a quick, sharp whistle.

The horse is in front of me not long later and I pat its neck gently.

I climb onto the horses back and race off back towards Polis.

I watch the scenery as I head back, admiring the color of the leaves at it becomes colder.

I've always loved nature.

It's really all I've known for most of my life.

It hasn't always been the nicest to me, but it's my favorite thing.

It's calming.

It's beautiful.

It's extravagant all together.

I wish I could stay here forever, forget about my troubles. Forget about all the danger. Forget about it all.

But I can't.

You always have to pay attention.

Like right now.

That breathing. The panting. The footsteps.

A panther.

I meet it's eyes and it leaps at me, knocking me off of the horse and onto the ground.

It bites into my shoulder and I grunt.
It's sharp claws dig into my abdomen.

I manage to get out a dagger and quickly stab it into the beasts head.

The horse had run off out of fright and I sigh.

I'm losing blood. Fast.

I won't be able to make it back.

At least alive.