† Twenty Nine †

It was almost time to help the blonde escape and twirl one of my knives anxiously.

This is the only way we can win.

I start my walk to the west side, only to be stopped by Maya.

I try to walk past her but she shoves me backwards.

"You may be able to live without yourself but I'm not. I love you Amara, I'm sure people out there do too. So stop and let someone else do this" she begs but I don't meet her eyes.

She grabs my cheeks, forcing me to look at her and I keep my eyes vacant and cold, my face emotionless.

She shakes her head with tears in her eyes and I pull myself away from her.

"Goodbye, Maya" I mumble before walking past her to to where Clarke should be waiting.

When I find the blonde, I grab her wrist. I hand her one of my knives and drag her through the tunnels.

Reaper tunnels.

Absolutely disgusting.

The sounds of reapers, guards, and sirens make my head pound but I lead Clarke to the dam.

She looks down wearily, meeting my eyes with a hesitant look.

When the guards close us in, I turn towards Clarke, shoving her into the water. I watch her fall, making sure she's safe.

When I see her swim to the shore, I nod to myself and turn towards the guards.

They place me in cuffs, locking my hands behind my back.

I don't resist.

I let them take me to wherever they please abs I'm soon locked up in a cell.

An empty cell.

"Get President Wallace over here" one of the guards demands.

I lean against the wall, whistling a tune.

Just to make em angry.

It was a truly hilarious thing, of course I didn't laugh. Or smile.

But it was funny to see them get angry.

"How long is this gonna take, I don't have all day" I whine and the guards glare at me.

"What crawled up your ass and died, Mr.-" I squint my eyes to read his tag. "-Gold"

He throws his hand against the metal bars, trying to be scary but I don't flinch. My eyes shoot to meet his and his body jerks back in fear.

I roll my eyes.

"Pussy"

Cage Wallace makes his way to the door of the cell and I tilt my head.

"I thought you called for the real President, not his wannabe sidekick" I look at the guard that called him in.

"I've taken over my fathers position. I rule everyone now. I'm getting us on the ground. Have some respect" he demands and I act like I'm thinking about it until I stare at him unimpressed.

"No" I state, flashing him an innocent smile.

His face turns red in anger and I smile.

"I hope you realize. You're going to help me win this war, bitch" he growls and I give him a smile.

"Humor me, how am I going to help you win the war" I ask, truly wanting to know what crazy plan this psycho has.

"I can't tell you that just yet" he states, faltering slightly.

"That's because you don't have a plan, you unprepared rat" I spit and he whines in defeat, acting like a child.

"I'll find a use for you, bitch, and when I do. I'll make it painful for you" he threatens snd I nod along calmly.

"Anyway-" I start, my sharp eyes burning into his. "-You going to kill me or what"

I could straight up physically see an idea pop into his head.

"We're not going to kill you, Shadow. You're going to be our war machine..."