† Nine †

I watch the young girl open her eyes.

Her eyes meet mine and she frowns.

"You haven't slept in days. I'll stay awake. I'll take care of you" she says, smiling at me gently.

I shake my head.

"It's fine, honestly. I'm fine" I tell her, immediately shutting down the idea.

"Let someone take care of you, Amara! Let me take care of you" she exclaims.

"I told you not to say my name in foreign places" I whisper to her, giving up on trying to stay strong.

My shoulders sag and all of my once tense muscles relax.

That is until the hatch starts to open. Bellamy peeks his head up and looks at Octavia.

"She's free to go. There's two women waiting outside for the grounder. It's either she gets let go or war" he states roughly before leaving.

The girl is quick to cut the ropes holding my ankles and she helps me stand up.

She hands me my top and armor, along with my weapons before she grins.

She helps me down the ladder and supports some of my weight as we make it towards the entrance of their camp.

"War is inevitable" I whisper to the young girl.

She looks at me confused.

"There will be war. And then silence. Not all of us make it. It's the calm before the storm right now" I warn her quietly.

"I may not be important to Anya or the 12 clans, but they will use me against you. Distance yourself from me. Don't even think about me until I tell you that you can. Got it?" I demand and she glares.

"You're my best friend" she states angrily.

"Not for the time being" I state coldly before pushing myself away from her.

"Wait" she calls, pulling me to face her.

"How could they use you against us" she asks, tilting her head.

"Those wolves are my only family. Now you. That's as full as the circles going to get. They'll threaten my family. They'll kill my family if I don't do what they want. Stay away from me for now, Octavia" I state, making sure she understands.

"I'm bad news" I finalize before pushing myself towards my sister and Anya.

My wolves stand behind them and I notice Bear and Dakota weren't here.

"Bear and Dakota" I ask hoarsely.

"Your camp" my sister states and I nod.

"You owe me for this one, Shadow" Anya smirks.

"And what do I owe you, Commander" I bow down and salute sarcastically.

"Watch yourself" she growls.

We begin our way back. We're going to polis.

"I'm not leaving Dakota and Bear" I tell them, stopping in my tracks.

"Fine" Anya states.

"Get your siblings. Meet back here" I demand and the two boys immediately sprint away from us.

"You're hurt" my sister exclaims, noticing me shift in pain.

"I was kidnapped. What do you expect. You think they fed me rainbows and sunshine" I spit lowly.

She glares at me, like older sisters do, and demands I take my clothes off to show her the damage.

"Yes, take off your clothes" Anya smirks and I roll my eyes, not that they could see it.

"What do I owe you" I demand, wanting to get this over with.

"See now, that will be done in private" She grins evilly.

"If you think I'm sucking you off, think again" I tease, noticing the way her glare shoots daggers into my hooded skull.

Footsteps thump towards us and I grin at the four siblings.

We continue our way towards Polis. It wasn't to far away.

"So, what do you want with my sister" my older sister asks, her shoulders straightening. She getting over protective.

"I want to see your sisters face" Anya explains and my body tenses.

"Why" I ask coldly.

"Out of everything. You wear a hood. 24/7. I want to see what you're hiding" she smirks at me and I glare.

"You're a bitch, commander" I salute sarcastically once again and she shoves me against a tree.

I grunt in pain and meet her eyes.

"I could have you dead right now, who would lead the 12 clans then" I spit, shoving her off of me.

Some people take forever to learn.

Some people just don't learn form their mistakes.

She's one of those people.