† Twenty One †

I leave the pregnant woman to do what she pleases and I head back to the main area of the makeshift village.

I could see Kane and Octavia head towards the meeting tent and Abby is soon to follow.

I wonder where Clarke is.

My question is soon answered when I see Clarke speed in on a horse.

"What's wrong" I ask her and she meets my eyes. "Nothing" she mumbles, shoving past me.

I roll my eyes and I make my way to the stables again. Seeing horses calms me down. It lets me know there's still good in the world.

I could see Clarke and Lexa rush down somewhere and I raise a brow.

Not long after do they come up again and the brunette commander rushes towards me.

"You need to come with me" she demands and I tilt my head.

"No" I state casually.

"What do you mean no" she exclaims angrily, trying not to draw attention to us.

"If this is something serious. I want you to take Dakota and Octavia" I tell her and she tenses.

"But I don't care about them like I care about you. So come with me. Now" she demands once again and I shake my head. 

"No can do, Heda" I tell her and she glares at me.

"Take them and I'll go with you" I tell her and she clenches her  jaw.

"Fine" she grins out and I nod. We find the two woman I wanted safe and they leave right behind Clarke.

I hesitate and Lexa turns her head to motion for me to come. I take a step back and he face falls.

"I can't let innocent people die. Maybe you can, but I can't" I tell her softly and she takes a steps towards me but I'm already walking away.

"Amara! Damnit! Amara!" She shouts my name and I ignore her.

I make my way towards the place where the boy went and I wait near that same place.

Footsteps sound behind me and I can tell they aren't here to hurt me.

I glance at them and see the same scar on the man forehead.

"Bear" I state and he relaxes in my presence.

"I'm so sorry" he begins and I spin to face him.

"I know you are. That's why I've forgiven you long before now" I state and he looks at me with tears in his eyes.

"Go find your brothers. Apologize" I tell him and he nods.

He runs off and I could hear the noise of something coming closer. A missile.

The woman from before and her son come outside to see what it was and right before the missile hits the center of the village, I sprint towards the two, wrapping my arms around them tightly.

The blast throws the three of us back and I twist my body as we fly in the air so when we hit the ground, I'm the only one who will feel it.

When we do hit the ground, my back slides up against the rough surface of twigs, thorns, rocks, and dirt.

When we stop moving, I release my hood on them and the woman, still holding her son, rolls onto the ground next to me.

"You should go, they probably have snipers out to kill any more survivors" I advise her, beginning to get dizzy.

"What about you" she asks worried.

"Just go" I demand and she hesitates.

She goes to leave but I stop her quickly.

I can tell she doesn't fight very often, especially with heavy things.

"Take this" I say, groaning in pain as I go to reach to one of my daggers.

She gets what I'm saying and takes it herself.  

"How can I repay you" she asks me genuinely and I shake my head.

"K-keep yourself and your son safe, t-t-that's how y-you can repay m-me" I tell her and she nods.

"Thank you" she squeezes my hand before running off.

"Oh God" I groan, tensing in pain.

I let out a laugh.

"How ironic"