† Four †

*the next morning*

I'm sat in the grassy field, waiting for the young girl. I don't know why I even offered to do this.

I glance around the tree line, searching for any sign of movement. Nothing.

My eyes leave the forest and travel to the large wolves who were playfully fighting each other.

Well, the boys were. Dakota was laying quietly at my feet.

She's been less active lately. She's gotten bigger, she's eating more.......oh no.

"Dakota, you're pregnant, are you not" the wolf picks her head up at the sound of her name and she grunts as her own way of saying 'yes'.

"Random wolf" I ask hopefully and she nods. I release a sigh but I soon tense when a crunching comes from the woods.

Mountains men or sky people.

I watch as the raven haired teen walks out of the woods. She smiles when she sees me but fear replaces her happiness when she sees the wolves.

Niko growls lowly, stalking towards her.

I put my fingers in my mouth and whistle at him as a warning. She's off limits. For now.

She giggles before running towards me.

The younger teen stops in front of me, pulling out the knife I had given her.

"When do we start" she questions, bouncing with excitement.

"We won't be using real weapons for quite some time, I hope you realize that" I tell her and she frowns.

"Why" she tilts her head, her eyebrows furrowing.

"You have to learn how to wield a blade, how to respect it before using one. Otherwise you'll be killed" I state.

"When will I get to see your face" she asks another question.

"You ask many questions" I state, glaring at her slightly.

"Only when you become a better warrior than I am will you get to see my face" I declare.

I hand her a wooden sword, they're waited down so they're heavier than real swords.

I hold one out for her and she grabs it but I soon tumbles to the ground.

"Why are these so heavy" she grunts, trying to pick it up.

"They condition your arms, your core, and your legs to be able to hold a sword" I tell her, holding onto another with ease.

"Are all swords this heavy" she questions, finally getting the sword off of the ground, grinning in victory.

"Not at all. Mine aren't" I confess and she glares.

"If you don't train with these, you will be killed" I tell her sternly, making eye contact.

"Raise the sword into a striking stance" I demand.