† Fifteen †

My eyes shoot open and I groan at the heavy weight on my body.

Dakota wakes up and I squint my eyes at her.

I rub them softly, trying to determine if this was actually happening.

"Holy shit" I groan, feeling her climb off of my lap. I pull myself up and she grins.

"Wake up your brothers" I tell her softly and she kicks both of the now, human men in the stomach.

They both groan and glare at the shorter girl.

I stifle a laugh, covering it up with a cough and I work on making a fire.

Twigs snap and leaves crunch as footsteps head towards us and my head shoots up. I pull out my sword and tense.

They can't protect themselves yet.

A raven blur shoots towards me and wraps their arms around me.

"Oh God, I thought you were dead" the girl mumbles into my chest and I slowly wrap my arms around her.

"Octavia, I'm fine. Kind of" I tell her and she pulls away, her worried eyes scanning over my body.

She still fails to notice the three sitting on the ground.

Octavias hand puts pressure on my shoulder and I flinch.

Dakota shoots up and shoves the small sky girl away from me.

Octavias eyes widen and she looks around.

"Where are the wolves" Octavia asks, concern masking her face.

"You're looking at them" I tell her and I thought she was going to pass out.

"Is this a prank" she asks, glaring at me.

I shake my head and she gasps.

"I thought I told you to stay away from  me" I state, looking at the younger girl.

She frowns.

"Lincoln isn't welcome in Trikru anymore. He's considered a traitor" she starts and my mind travels back to Anyas words.

Natrona.

Those words will always swarm my mind.

I trusted her. I let her in. I let her do something no one else has.

I let her see my face.

Even Octavia hasn't seen it. 

"O, he's not the only one. It's especially not safe to be seen with me. You need to leave" I explain, trying to protect my only friend, besides the wolves.......humans? I don't really know.

"Me and Lincoln are heading towards the ocean. Before the war. We're going to find Flukru. I want you to come with us" she begs, her eyes pleading me to take her deal.

"I can't do that O, you and I both know that" I take a step away from her as I say this.

"You need to be safe O, that's nowhere near me. Which is why I can't be your friend anymore. I can't put you in more danger than you're already in because I would never forgive myself if something happened to you" I whisper and fresh tears pool in her eyes.

"I'm not giving up on you, Amara" she tells me gently before she spins on her heel and walk away.

"Wait!" I call when her words fully render in my mind.

"What war" I question, my body tensing.

"Clarke tried to set up a meeting with Anya. It didn't go to well" she starts, turning to look at me.

"It happens tomorrow at dawn" she explains and I nod.

"You better not be there. You'll be in the middle of it, Amara. I would never forgive myself if something happened to you" she steals my words before she runs into the woods.

I turn to look at the three siblings and they just watch me.

"Looks like we need to prepare for war" I tell them casually and they roll their eyes.

"Can you guys shift back to your wolf form" I ask and frown.

"That sounds weird to say" I mumble and they all shift back.

They return to their human form and I take a sharp breath.

"I'm going to have to get used to that"