† Seven †

"Why would he need this" Octavia demands, snatching the glove.

"If I leave. They'll know it was you. I have to stay" I explain casually. She glares at me, tears pooling in her eyes.

"She's right" Lincoln adds.

Her glare digs into my head and I sigh.

"You need to go. Now" the smaller girl growls at me, trying to untie my hands.

I look at Lincoln and he nods. He grabs her, pulling her away from me before tightening the loosened binds.

"Stay safe sister" he tells me softly, holding onto my glove tightly.

They head down the ladder and she shuts the hatch behind her, her tears falling.

Once enough time has passed and I know Lincoln is free, I accept the fact that Octavia won't be coming back up.

She's mad at me. I understand that. But it was for her own protection. The hatch opens again and I stand up straight, tensing.

Three boys enter the floor and I watch them carefully.

One of them pulls out a knife and my muscles flex, trying to prepare themselves for what was about to happen.

They start to cut my abdomen, slicing the skin open, over and over. I don't give them the satisfaction of screaming, even though my mind was telling me to.

So I sat there silently, staying still as they scarred my body.

The room began to spin as I became dizzy.

I'm losing to much blood.

As the boy raises the knife again, the hatch opens and Octavia walks in.

Her gasp makes the boys flinch and they shove past her, immediately leaving.

She rushes towards me in an attempt to help. I shake my head.

She rolls her eyes before dipping a wash cloth into water and wiping my bloody body. The cuts aren't deep enough for stitches. She grabs
Bandages and wraps them around my torso when she's done cleaning them out.

Her lip quivers and fresh tears pool in her eyes.

"This is my fault. I should have come here sooner. I was just angry and I didn't-" I cut the younger girl off.

"It's not you fault Octavia. I'm the one who stayed. Stop blaming yourself" I croak and her tears finally fall. She grabs my hand, holding it tightly.

She talks to me about everything she's  feeling. About her brother. In exchange I tell her about my sister and my brother. It was only fair. When the hatch starts to shift open, I shut my mouth, my once sagging form standing up straight.

It's the blonde, Clarke.

"What happened to you" she questions, taking quick steps towards me.

I look down at her. I wasn't much taller than these girls. Maybe an inch or two at most.

She starts to unwrap my bandages and I watch her every movement.

Octavia shoots up at the sudden movement. She was asleep.

"Don't touch her" the younger girl growls, shoving the blonde away from me.

"You're just like the rest of them" the brunette spits, continuing what Clarke was going to do. The blonde flinches at the young girls protectiveness.

"What's gotten into you, Octavia. You're different" the blonde asks concerned.

"What's wrong? Do you see her right now. She's beaten and cut. She's in pain and starving. This girl has been nothing but nice and welcoming to me and this is what she gets in return" Octavia rants, her hands flying into the air at certain parts. She's got a fire in her.

Octavia continues to shout at the blonde, taking her anger out on her. I sit silently.

She can definitely handle herself. That'll do her good when I'm not here.

__________________________

Who do y'all want Amara to end up with? It could be anyone really. If y'all choose Octavia they wouldn't get together until later though.