† Thirty Four †

I walk through the underground mountain quickly, my boots pounding against the floor.

As I near the dining hall, I hear whimpers and cry's.

I enter it slowly, one of my smaller knives out. I see a frail boy hunched over a burnt girls body and I stare at the clothes she's wearing.

No, no, no, no, no, no.

This can't be happening.

I rush towards her, alarming the raven haired girl and the boy, but I ignore them.

I stare at Mayas face.

Why her?

She was good.

She was one of the good ones.

I braid her hair gently before I take my knife and cut it off.

"What are you doing" the boys starts to freak out.

"I'm getting something to remember her" I state coldly, before getting up and leaving.

"Don't think I'm not coming for you" I stare at the raven haired girl and she flinches.

I rush out of the room and to the front entrance of the facility.

I push open the door and sprint into the woods.

I jump unreasonably high, grabbing onto a branch and pulling myself up.

What did they do to me?

I didn't want this.

I was fine with the way I was.

I use the trees. Get a good view of the tower. Kill Lexa.

Simple.

As I use the branches of the tree to pull me up, I hear a low growl. I look down and see four wolves.

My four wolves.

My eyes light up and I quickly climb down the tree.

I notice a little cub peek out from under Dakota and I smile under my mask.

As my feet hit the ground I watch them circle me, trying to intimidate me but I only roll my eyes.

"Really guys. Y'all gotta stop being paranoid" I state, knowing damn well I'm paranoid.

I watch as the mother shifts into her human form.

"Amara!" She exclaims in surprise, going to pull me into a hug until she saw the metal arm.

"What did they do to you?!" She shouts, grabbing onto it.

"Nothing you have to worry about, who's this little one" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"No, you can meet him later. What the hell did they do to you in there!?" She barks and I roll my eyes.

"Stop rolling your eyes and tell us" Niko demands and I now just notice that they've switched as well.

"You better have a full arm under there, Amara" Dakota growls angrily and I cringe away.

"Hehe....about that..." I try to avoid it but it only makes her angrier.

"They. Took. Your. Arm. Off." She asks lowly, a glint in her eyes I've never seen before.

"Why are you wearing a mask, it's just us" she questions, trying to calm herself down.

When I stay silent, she tilts her head in a terrifying way.

I don't do head tilts.

"What did they do to your face" she demands the answer and I take off.

"Boys, watch the kid, I have some hunting to do" I could hear her state before she takes off after me.

"IM GOING TO SNATCH YOUR ASS, SHARP" she growls, sprinting towards me.

"NOOOOOO!" I squeal, running away from her.

"Don't touch the booty!!!!! EEAHJHHHH" I screech.

Her arms catch my waist and we both tumble to the ground.

She straddles my hips and holds my arms down.

"What are you hiding, Mara" she asks before pulling off my mask.

I squeeze my eyes shut, not wanting to see her reaction.

I feel soft hands trace the scars and I flinch.

"Mara...." She starts but I shake my head.

"Just say it!" I spit, shoving her off of me.

"Say how ugly they are and then leave. It's what's best for the both of us" I continue and she furrows her brows.

"Why would I say they're ugly?" She asks gently.

"What do you mean, 'best for the both of us'?" She questions frustrated.

"You think me losing you is best for the both of us?!" She starts to raise her voice.

"You're the only thing keeping me alive at the moment. So you may be able to be heartless and leave, like you usually do. But I can't. Because I need you. I won't make it without you!" She spits at me and I frown.

"Dako-" she cuts me off.

"No! Some ugly scars aren't going to take you away from me!!" She exclaims angrily and I snatch my mask from her hands.

"Some ugly scars" I murmur, placing mask back on securely.

"Amara, I didn't mean it like tha-" I force her to stop talking by speaking over her.

"No, I know exactly how you meant that. Goodbye Dakota." I state emotionlessly and she grabs my arm, trying to get me to stay.

I rip it viscously away from her grasp and her lip quivers as fresh tears fill her eyes.

"Mara! Please!!" She begs but I only stare at her.

"I have a job to do. If you'd like to offer assistance on that job, go right ahead. But we have no reason to interact besides that" I tell her.

"What's your job" she asks hesitantly.

"I'm going to kill Lexa" I state and her eyes widen.

"What?" She gasps in horror.

"You love that girl, why would you kill her" the smaller girl exclaims in surprise by my words.

"I have orders I need to fulfill. Will you be accompanying me or not" I press and she hesitates before nodding.

"Meet me in Polis"