† Twenty Four †

She rolls her eyes at my comment before she calls for her guards.

They walk in quickly, not wanting to ignore their Commander.

"She stays in this tent. She doesn't leave. She doesn't stand. You bring her food and water while she heals, got it" Lexa demands sternly and my eyes widen.

She turns to me and I meet her eyes, not failing and looking away.

"Lay down" she demands, her hand resting on her swords hilt.

"No" I pout.

"Lay down"

"No"

After that one she stalked towards me and pushed me onto the bed.

She pulls the wool blankets over me and I sigh.

"You're no fun" I mumble and her eyes shoot to mine.

"I suggest you shut your mouth before I shut it for you" she growls, glaring down at me.

I release a sad sigh

"Fine, be a party pooper" I murmur and she sighs, trying to calm herself.

"Look, I know I'm going overboard, but I have my reasons. So I can't lose you. Okay" she explains and I nod.

"Okay" I whisper and she nods.

She goes to walk away but I grab her hand, pulling her back towards me.

I kiss her cheek gently and her face flushes.

"Be safe" I tell her and she smiles at me before nodding.

Right when she's about to exit the tent, does she twist her head towards me slightly, a smile on her face.

I lay there, contemplating what I was getting myself into.

This isn't a good idea.

But would I be me if I didn't make the worst decision in the situation?

No.

I relax into the sheets and close my eyes, smirking slightly.

"She didn't think I'd actually let you stay in bed, did she?" A feminine voice rings through the tent and my smirk grows.

"I've been waiting for you" I tell Octavia gently and she laughs.

"I'm not letting you out either, not without my help at least" she grins and my smirk disappears.

I release a sigh and look at her.

"What do you have planned, Doctor Blake" I tease and she rolls her eyes.

"You're having breakfast, resting, and the. I'll help walk you around so you can see some of the progress we've made" She states and I nod.

"Alright" I whisper before she leaves to get food.

She comes back not long later and we eat together. She leaves after so I can rest and I let sleep consume me.

As my eyes open and I look around, groaning in pain.

Octavia pops her head in and smiles.

"Time to get going" she grins goofily and I nod, trying to sit up.

I gasp in pain as the movement pulls on my stitches and my wounds stretch.

She's quick to help me carefully, trying her best to be gentle.

"You're a good friend, O" I whisper to her and she avoids my eyes.

"Is that why you told me to leave you alone and then you continued to almost die and get stabbed not even a month after that" she asks angrily and I flinch.

"I had to push you away for your own safety. Anya would have used me to get to you. I got shot for someone I love and I stabbed myself to kill the bad guy" I explain but she shakes her head.

"You don't get it" She starts, letting go of me. I wobble when she stops holding my body up and I catch myself on the table.

"how could you do that" she asks angrily and I shake my head.

"It was necessary" I state.

"Why did you think it was right?!" Shes losing her temper.

"I can't give you that information" I tell her softly, knowing it's for her own benefit.

"You almost let one of the few people I love, die!" She exclaims before she starts yelling.

"YOU LEFT ME! YOU LEFT ME ALONE" she cries out at me and I frown.

"YOU PUSHED ME AWAY!" She continues and I sit there quietly.

"How could you do that!?" Her tone softens slightly as she says that last part.

I open my mouth but nothing comes out.

"Maybe you are better off alone" the raven haired girl states.

I stumble away from her in shock.

I never thought I'd hear her of all people say those words.

Her face falls.

"Amara, I didn't mea-" I cut her off.

"No. You're right. Maybe it's better I am alone. For everyone" I whisper before I limp out of the tent.