† Twenty Eight †

As the older brother gets 'sanitized', I wait for him to get out.

As he's getting transferred, I walk close to him, slipping him one of my small knives. He nods at me before I start off in a different direction.

As I speed walk through the halls, people stare.

My face.

The scar.

It's always what people stare at.

I bump right into the short raven haired girl and she smiles when she sees me.

"Mara" she smiles and I flash her a small grin in return.

"Hey Maya" I greet and she wraps her arms around me.

"Anything exciting going on" I ask her gently and she nods.

"Jasper. I really like him, mara" she states, gazing at the boy.

He's skaikru.

I see familiar blonde hair and she sees me.

She nods to the empty seat beside her and I nod.

"I have to go. Promise me we'll catch up even more" I ask of the raven haired girl and she smiles before nodding. I strut towards the blonde, sitting down next to her.

"Uh Clarke.....who's your very, very scary friend there" Jasper asks and Monty nods along.

I know all of the children.

"I'm about to be your best friend for the time being" I state sarcastically and Clarke places her hand on my bicep.

"Calm down, Amara" she states and I nod, leaning back in the seat.

"The monster sitting with the Outsiders, seems fitting" Cage Wallace spits as he walks by.

I kick my chair backwards as I stand up, the wood hitting the Presidents son.

Cage stumbles at the hit and I lunge towards him.

I pull out one of my knives and hold it to his face as I stand behind him, making sure he can't escape my grip.

"I already gave you one scar, you want me to add another" i growl and chuckles.

"You wouldn't dare, bitch" he grins in victory and I grab his head, slamming it down against the wooden table.

His forehead splits open at the force and he falls unconscious, dropping to the ground.

I point at the knocked out man and look towards his father.

"He fell and hit his head" I state like everyone didn't just watch me knock him unconscious.

I grab Clarke's hand, pulling her up with me.

When we're out of the room, I look at her.

"We need to get everyone out of here. They use grounders for their blood" I state and her eyes widen before she nods.

"But you need to leave first" I tell her.

Her brows furrow and she stares at me in confusion.

"If I leave, what will happen to you" she asks quickly, stepping towards me.

"They'll know I helped you escape" I state, trying to sugarcoat the fact that they would kill me.

"What would happen to you" she asks again, her voice stern. 

"They would kill me" I state and as shes going to object, I cut her off.

"If one life in this war has to be taken so our side wins, I want it to be mine" I respond and she shakes her head. 

"What..." a soft voice rings out from behind me.

I flinch but don't turn around to face her.

"Maya" I state nervously. 

"You'd let yourself die. Are you kidding me. Out of everyone here, you'd want it to be you. It's not happening" she spits and I finally turn around.

"They'll kill me anyway, Maya. I'm helping Clarke escape" I state but she shakes her head.

Bellamy stares at me from behind Maya, studying me.

"She's right. Plus, Octavia would never forgive me if I let you die" he states and I roll my eyes.

I spin around to face Clarke.

I lean towards her ear, whisper the words.

"West side, 1:00. Guards are down at that time. Tomorrow" I tell her and she nods.

I look towards the other two.

"If my time comes to an end during this war, then so be it. If I can deal with letting myself die. You guys can too" I state sternly before walking off.

All wars take sacrifices.

This ones no different.