† Sixteen †

"I'm assuming you guys will fight in your wolf form" I talk sternly.

War is no joke.

My hands work on sharpening my swords as I talk to them. They nod silently to my words and I sigh.

My mind wander to the worst scenario.

Blood flashes across my mind and all I see is red.

My mind drifts off and I begin to see flashbacks of Winter.

Winter.......oh how I miss her.

She was my best friend.

"You guys aren't going. You'll stay here while I fight" I state lowly.

I couldn't lose anyone else. Not right now.

"You're stupid if you think we'd let you go alone" Dakota states, glaring at me.

"You're pregnant. I'm not risking that so you can get killed in a petty battle. Same goes for you two. You will stay here and protect your sister" I demand and they sigh.

"No. That's not fair. We're going" Niko argues.

"I said you're not going. That's final" I growl, my eyes shooting daggers at them.

"No. Do you know what's not fair. You constantly being the bad guy. Having to take the weight of the work 24/7" Dakota shouts, starting to pace angrily.

"Kota-" I start but she cuts me off with a viscous glare.

"I can't lose you" she states as tears pool in her eyes.

My face softens under my hood and I look down in shame, not realizing how hard this would be for them.

"It's what's best for you. You won't lose me. I promise" I stand up, opening my arms slightly and she shoved herself  into them, wrapping her arms around me tightly.

I situate mine around her shoulders and tug her into me.

I pull away and kiss her forehead.

"I'll always come back" I whisper to her and she nods tiredly.

I pick up her exhausted body and carry her over to the tent.

I gently lay her down and she tugs me towards her.

"I have to train. Sleep soundly, little wolf" I mumble to her and she whines.

I make my decision, pulling my hood off of my head, pulling it out from under my armor.

I hand it to her and she snuggles into it.

Her eyes open and she looks at my face. I hold my breath, waiting for her to disown me.

"I love you, Amara" she whispers before she falls asleep under the fur blanket. My eyes widen at that reaction and I slowly back away.

I turn towards the boys and they grin at me.

"Go sleep with your sister, by the time you wake I shall be gone" I tell them and they frown before nodding.