Part 22 - Even

*no ratings*

~~~~~~

Daniel and I walked over to the nearest cafe and were lucky enough to find a table at the corner.

He told me everything that he has been upto in the past couple of weeks and also about his boyfriend, Lawrence "Laurie".

He was a young apprentice, practicing under a lawyer to become one and met one night in a gay bar.

I was happy that Daniel had found someone in his life and had managed to find some stability.

"And what about you? What's new with you?"

Daniel asks, taking a bite of his pastrami on rye.

Actually to start off with I am pregnant and also...

"Well.. you know just the usual, work... and work..."

"Yeah and also, no offence but you look really... dull.. very tired."

"Menstruation, you know!"

I giggle nervously.

"Oh aye! I am sorry."

I give him a reassuring smile.

"Actually Cece, I wanted to discuss some thing really important with you."

Daniel says after a pause.

I motion him to begin.

"Well actually it's more of a favor and you are probably the only person I can trust..."

"Just say it Dani."

I quip.

He takes a long breath, preparing himself.

"I want you to come with me to meet my dad."

"What?"

I cry a tad bit loud, earning the attention of other coffee drinkers.

"Well I really think that I am ready to come out to my father, after all, he is my father and he should know. And you, have always been my greatest support, my best friend, my only girlfriend and.. I really want you to be there with me.. I don't think I will be able to do it on my own, but with you.. I think I can. I want to do it with you by my side."

To be fair, my heart crumbled upon the realization that Dani still thought so high of me and I had the audacity of sleeping with his father.

"So.. will you come with me?"

He asks, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

Shit.

"Okay. I will..", I say, "..but.. i have to tell you something too Dani.."

His smile turns into a concerned frown.

"What I may say now.. might jeopardize my entire friendship with you but since we are getting into the bottom of everything..  I may as well just tell you the truth.."

"Oh I trust you Cecelia.. you cannot have done something that bad.."

Stop it Daniel. Just stop.

"Well here goes nothing..."

I inhale sharply and blurt out everything to him.

Daniel's eyes widened as I narrated him every single thing that happened between me and George, only leaving out the pregnancy thing.

I could see the hurt along with the terror in his eyes.

I was certain after this Daniel would never want to see my face, let alone want to speak to me and that would be the end of our relationship.

"Wow.."

He mutters, nodding.

"I know. I am horrible and pathetic and... a needy, whiny bi-"

"Oh please stop Cecilia! You aren't alright?"

He cuts me off, confusing me.

He lowers his gaze and picks up his unused fork from the table, to draw ridges on the table cloth.

"You know I am really glad you told me everything..."

So he wasn't mad at me?

"No I am not.", he answers, "not everyone have the courage to own upto something like that and the fact you confessed everything is just....*heavy sigh* I don't think I'll be able to own up if I slept with your father."

I chuckle at his remark, making him laugh as well.

"So.. we are even?"

I ask him, wiping away my tear.

"Definitely!"

He says, handing me a tissue.

I didn't deserve Daniel. I didn't.

~~~~~~
*a/n

Super rushed. Poorly executed and also,  the story is getting over, bye!

Peace and love!!
💗💘💓💕💖💞💝