Part 21

*no George so here is this meme which made my insides go doki doki-

~~~~~~

Two weeks later:-

"... and anything else that you'd like to have? The bagels are fresh this morning!"

"Nope, we are good thank you!"

I greeted the couple with a smile and slumped back on the counter, feeling absolutely devastated.

My manager was initially furious.

And of course, he will be for I didn't show up at work for one whole week. It was a miracle how he still hadn't fired me.

I was absolutely sick to my gut and didn't feel like to interact with any living species for the next three years, but apparently, one cannot do that.

As I prepared the couple's brunch, I could hear my manager yelling at another staff.

I hadn't talked to anyone in this last couple of days, particularly after George left.

I still had no idea where Daniel was, but I was certain that wherever he was, he was happy. Possibly with someone new.

I try to shake myself from the distraction and watch the kettle go off just when I feel myself get dizzy.

My eyes suddenly turn heavy and the noises around me begin to fade away in the background.

I close my eyes for a while and in the very next moment, I collapse.

......

I open my eyes and find myself in a little room.

The entire place smelled of ester and I could almost puke at the smell of it.

As I try to regain my consciousness, a woman enters the room.

"Cecilia?"

She asks, petting my head.

"Where am I?"

"Oh you are in the hospital. Your staff rushed you in here as soon as you fainted."

Visions become clearer and I start noticing the bed I was lying on, the little sofa at the corner of the door and the doctor, who was wearing a lab coat.

"How are you feeling now?"

She asks me.

"Like somebody punched me in the stomach but anyways, fine.."

She giggles softly.

"Um so Cecilia, tell me... have you been feeling a little nauseous lately?"

"Yes.. well.. it comes and goes.."

"Do you feel like puking in the mornings?"

"Yeah.. yeah!"

"Do you have any idea why is this happening to you?"

"Oh I had a bad sandwich I know!"

I laugh, expecting the doctor to lecture me about my oily, high sugar diet.

"Cecilia... you are pregnant!"

I choke on my own spit.

"What!?"

"Your reports. They say you are pregnant, five weeks."

Those words literally bounce back and forth my ears.

"Five weeks? That's like a month!"

I cry hysterically.