34

A/N: sorry for the longer update, i rewrote this four times haha i think this is the best version of the chapter? idk heuiwdhweid hope yall l-like it :D

KANG BYEOL POV

To my expected disappointment, I haven't talked to him much since then. Why? Because he's been at that bitch's beck and call almost everyday.

I wish he knew she was taking advantage of him. She may be suicidal but she is dragging him into a hole with her simply because she feels like it. Now I'm sitting on my bed with Kimchi, looking across at his window as he's with her.

He sits up form his bed all of a sudden and I catch his gaze quickly, looking away as fast as I can.

I get off the bed making my way downstairs with Kimchi, taking her outside to do her business. I hear the next door house slam shut, her perfect figure walking over dreadfully. "Kang Byeol."

I don't bother turning around, forcing my gaze onto my now-shitting dog for a better view. "What do you want, Chohee."

"Look, you and Jungkook... I'm okay with it."

I try not to show how that threw me off. I turn around slowly looking her dead in the eye for some joke. "What did you say?"

She smiles at me, but it's unsettling. I know it's not genuine, so she's definitely plotting something in her head.

"This isn't the first time Jungkook's engaged with other girls while he's with me. But it's alright. It means you're just another one of his flavours of the week, you know?"

There it is.

I decide she isn't worth anymore of my time. I take out my newspaper crouching down to clean up the dog shit now, but apparently she isn't done with me yet. "You won't ever be on my level, you're just a passing fling while he won't ever leave me."

I stand upright, looking at her indifferently. "When?"

Her expression contorts into confusion, glancing to elsewhere. "When what?"

I take a step closer to her face now. "When... did I ask?"

I laugh at her flustered face now red with embarrassment. I start heading back into my house when she opens her mouth once more. "You don't know shit about me."

I stop in my tracks, narrowing my eyes at her. "I know why he can't leave you, yet anyways. You're being really selfish, you know that? Get some professional help and stop relying on him for release."

"Don't you dare talk to me like that," she growls. Her voice is so sharp and cold I feel myself shiver at her tone. She looks me up and down one more. "Slut," she spits.

God, I thought she was never gonna leave. As soon as she leaves another interruption to my somewhat peaceful morning makes itself known to me.

"What did she say?"

My heart aches at the familiar soft voice but I choose to ignore it and head back inside with Kimchi. The door I tried to close flies open once more revealing a rushed Jungkook. "Come on Kang talk to me."

I spin my heal around sharply, staring him down. "Your presence has been acknowledged, Jeon. Now leave me alone." I hate how my voice wavers at the end, unable to hide the truth that I really missed him in the times he didn't talk to me this week.

He grabs my wrist hurriedly, holding it as if his life depended on it. "Don't be like that, Byeol please."

I scrunch up my nose. "You haven't talked to me in almost a week and you tell me not to ignore you in the twenty seconds I've graced you with my presence? I don't think so."

"I told you to give me time, damnit!" He angrily raises his voice at me.

"I am giving you time, Jungkook. Hell, I've given you so much time! I waited for you to explain yourself to me, I waited for you to share how you felt, time is everything I've given you and more!"

"Don't you know how hard this is for me!" Jungkook exasperately heaves. I don't give into his pity-party advancing closer to him.

"I do! But all you've done is the same fucking thing! She calls you, you go to her. She needs you, you let her have what she wants. You haven't changed anything in the time you told me you needed you know why?"

I start to hyperventilate from the anger rising in my throat. He stays silent but his gaze softens, letting me see how I've hit a nerve.

"Because you're a coward, Jungkook! A fucking coward. You can't say no to her because she threatens you with suicide every fucking time. This is not healthy! You have your reputation as 'king' and everyone thinks you're so untouchable when really—" I take in a deep breath trying to calm myself down.

"You're hurting inside," my voice strains with desperation.

His grip on my wrist loosens now. "God, it's like she's poisoning you slowly with her own issues and you don't even know it. If you can't find it in yourself to leave her then I will make sure she does, and I'm doing it my way. Are we clear?" I say coolly.

For the first time this week the small smile creeping onto his face is genuine. "Kang Byeol, you're killing me."

He stomps up to me and this time I don't hide how much I missed the taste of his lips. He grips my waist tightly, biting my lower lip lightly. I gasp in surprise, feeling his tongue enter my mouth slowly as he moves in sync with me. My face drowns into a deep red, letting him have control over me.

"That," he breathes out. "Has got to be the sexiest thing you've ever said to me." His mouth twitches into a smirk and I can't help but notice how red and swollen his lips are. I look down at my feet not wanting him to see me smile.

If there's one thing this week I've learned about myself, it's that I do not like sharing.

A/N: are y'all prepared for what's to come? hhhh