21

A/N: i think my dog has separation anxiety ever since quarantine:// don't be sad poppy im still here

THIRD PERSON POV

Kang Byeol made sure Jungkook never went near her ever since, but his longing stares never went unnoticed. She couldn't comprehend just why it was so difficult for him to think of anyone else other than himself. To think of her more than himself.

Why did she want that? Her heart tugs at the truth, knowing full well she doesn't want to admit it.

Just who exactly was Chohee to him? And why can't he seem to say no to her?

"Stop thinking about him," her best friend's voice pulls her from the void.

"Why?"

"...What?" Haru hesitates, stunned at Byeol's reaction. Her eyes are hollow, spirit diminished.

She turns to look her in the eye, even her best friend gets caught off guard in her beautiful starry orbs now stained with fallen tears.

"Why does this always happen to me?" Her voice cracks.

"B-Byeol..." She pulls her into her embrace quickly. She can't remember the last time she let another see her cry. Kang Byeol was always a tough one, refusing to let anything get to her. But this is the worst state she's been in since her parents.

"Don't call me that, Haru. I don't deserve it," she sobs into the girl's chest.

"Don't think that way, Kang. You're the brightest, strongest person I know. You survived this far, you can go much longer. Hell if this happened to me I'd belong to the streets."

A small laugh enamates from the broken girl, causing Haru to smile down at her figure. "You know what you need? Some good di—"

"Haru," she warns teasingly, attempting to crush her friend with her crutches. "Now how am I supposed to do that when I'm like this?"

Haru laughs, shaking her head. "Okay, I was joking. But still, you should have some fun, hm?" she rubs her friend's back comfortingly.

"I-I don't know," Byeol ruffles her hair messily, head in her hands.

"How about cute milkshake boy? That guy had a presence when he walked in."

The corners of her mouth lift up, remembering his kindness and how different he is from Jeon. No, this isn't a time to think about that asshole, Kang Byeol!

"Yeah, okay," she whispers softly. Her best friend lights up with hope, patting her shoulder excitedly. "There you go, Kang!"

She whips out her phone, hoping she can forget her sorrows for just one day.