30

KANG BYEOL POV

KANG BYEOL POV

I think I scared him for good this time. He hasn't done anything ever since that night.

Did I really make the best choice? Every time he flashes in my mind I can't help but miss his hold on me.

His kiss.

I can't even begin to count how many times I've replayed that moment in my head yearning for it again.

No, don't think about it. That bastard couldn't make the same sacrifice for you, this is the moment to test him.

I sigh, sinking further into my seat.

"Is something wrong?" He asks tenderly, rubbing my hand soothingly in his hold.

"N-no, just really invested in this show."

Kyeongso chuckles, patting my head gently next to him before turning back to the screen.

"I'm glad you like it. It's honestly my favourite."

He kisses the top of my forehead stroking my hair tenderly. "I could stay in this moment forever," he whispers.

I stay silent, unsure of how to respond. I think he feels me tense up and slowly lets go of me making me feel guilty.

"S-sorry, I didn't mean to scare you like that. I know it isn't—"

"It's fine Kyeongso. Don't worry about it. This was nice for me too,"  I say softly, readjusting myself on the couch. My eyes seem to flutter open and close, him chuckling next to me startling me into consciousness.

"I think you're tired, Kang. We can continue this tomorrow when you're well-rested, hm?"

I nod my head sleepily, suddenly feeling the energy drain from me. It's past midnight and I want nothing more than to get away from reality. I feel myself get lifted up, carried bridal style to my room.

"Okay Kang you're a little heavier than I expected," he laughs nervously. I frown at his awkward behaviour. Is he calling me fat?

Before long the softness of the sheets greet me as I'm carefully laid down on the bed. He pauses at the side of my bed before looking out the window. "Wow, you can see straight through his window."

I sit up groggily, unsure of what he means. But as soon as I look into Jeon's window I can't help but feel my heart ache.

I shouldn't be feeling this way, after all he doesn't belong to me. And I'm with Kyeongso.

As he holds her close kissing his girlfriend, he opens his eye and accidentally makes eye contact with us. I panic instantly, shooting away from the window embarrassed. I feel uncomfortable for getting caught, but I was the one that said we should start from scratch and I can't go against my own word.