27

KANG BYEOL POV

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

KANG BYEOL POV

The look on Jungkook's face was absolutely priceless. He looked so happy he might just explode. I smile effortlessly, watching the wholesome scene before me. He giggles, quickly patting his father's back.

"That's great, dad! I get to see you more now," he muffles into the back of his shirt. "That's really good news, dear. We haven't been together like this in a really long time," Ahjumma holds his hand dearly.

"That's... great, Jaejoon," My mouth twitches into a strained smile.

I don't want to bring the mood down so I do my best to stay happy the whole way. Looking at Jungkook's excited face is all it takes to help me smile.

I wish I had something like this.

At the end of dinner I help Ahjumma wash the dishes while Jungkook can't keep himself from talking to his dad.

"I know that look, Byeol."

"Huh?" I glance at her for a second before turning back to scrub the plate in my hand.

"Thank you, for trying to be happy. But I know how hard it is for you," she rubs my arm gently. I smile at her. I'm genuinely okay. I look behind to see Jungkook already staring at me, his father following his gaze. He turns away quickly, the red in his face still visible in the darkness of the living room.

"I think they're gossiping about us, Ahjumma," I lean in and laugh.

"Don't worry sweetie. I'll beat it out of them later and tell you every detail," she jokes, patting once more before leaving.

"I'd like to stay longer but I haven't prepared Kimchi's dinner so I think I'll go," I smile sheepishly.

"No worries honey, thank you for joining us. I was surprised you wanted to come considering how things have been between you and Jungkook."

"What do you mean, Ahjumma?" I feel confused. Her nervous chuckle only heightens the rate of my heartbeat.

"Uh, didn't you ask Jungkook to come for dinner today?"

I stay silent. She suddenly dorns a mysterious expression, confusing me further. "Thanks for coming, Byeol," her eyes sparkle as she smiles, switching the subject abruptly.

He wanted me here?

"It was nice meeting you, Byeol. You're a very nice girl and I would love to spend more time with you in the future," Jaejoon sticks his hand out to me. I shake it confidently, looking back at his son.

To Dethrone the King | JJK ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें