28

JUNGKOOK POV

JUNGKOOK POV

I can't believe her.

Nothing ever mattered. All I did to make up to her.

I know she didn't want to go on the date, I can see it in her eyes. But the flower boy always gets in the way.

"Jungkook? Are you okay?"

I snap out of it, trying to smile at my dad. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Well," he starts, sitting down next to me on my bed. "Maybe it's because a certain someone is on a date right now."

I let out a shaky breath, falling back down on the mattress. "I don't care. She can fuck whoever she wants."

"Now now, Jungkook," he warns. "Take it from your old man, you're not doing a very good job showing your feelings."

"Like I didn't know that," I mutter under my breath.

"No, Jungkook. I meant your feelings towards her. Think about it, have you ever told her how you really felt?"

That hit me like a fucking train. I think back to every special moment I shared with her. I sit up abruptly, eyes wide.

"Oh son," he shakes his head sighing.

"I can't just tell her, dad! You know how I am about these things."

"I get it, your whole 'king' persona. Maybe it's time you found someone to humble yourself down, Jungkook."

I groan, ruffling my hair up. "It's not just that... I told you I have a girlfriend."

"Are you happy with her?"

I pause, unable to look him in the eye. "Jungkook, you've always wanted to make me proud, right?" I nod slowly.

"Well, nothing else in this moment would make me proud except when you finally find your happiness."

I look into his eyes now, finding sincerity in them. He pats my back firmly. "I really hope you choose the right one, son. If not I'll be very disappointed in you."

I know he's right, but I can't help but feel scared. He gets up now, ready to exit my room before I hear him say one last thing.

"If you wait too long, she's eventually going to find someone. And you can't blame her for that, Jungkook."

I'm left alone with my thoughts once more. I stare up at the ceiling, absolutely lost on what to do.

𓈉 ☆ 𓈉

𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕫𝕚𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤, 𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕤𝕖𝕒 𝕔𝕦𝕥𝕝𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕒𝕙 𝕜𝕒𝕙𝕒𝕟

A few hours later I hear a car pull up. I look outside the window expectantly, heart aching as I see her figure exit the car.

"I had fun today, Kyeongso," I hear her say.

"Thank you, for..." I don't hear the last part of his sentence as he grabs her face after and plants a kiss on her strawberry lips.

Those lips I've kissed.

As soon as she leaves I get off my bed and rush over. Dad was right, and what he said really scared me.

"Open up, Kang! I need to talk to you," I pound on her door.

Kimchi eyes me from the window before looking into the house. "Kimchi gave your location away, Kang. I know you're in there."

She opens the door slightly, her expression strained. "What do you want, Jungkook? Didn't you have Chohee waiting for you?"

My lips curve into a smile for a split second. "That was hours ago, wasn't it Kang? Why would you remember that?"

She sigh, turning back to close the door. "Wait! Please let me in. You owe me for ignoring me today."

I feel bad for using her guilt against her but I don't have any other option at this point. She begrudgingly opens her door to me and I step in pacing around.

"What is it, Jungkook?" she murmurs guiltily.

I pause, looking at her soft features. Her lips are still swollen from kissing him.

"How was the date?" My cockiness springs up instantly, making me regret as I bite down on my tongue.

She looks away. "Seriously? What is your goal here, Jeon? I don't understand why you feel the need to constantly come into my life and mess things up!" She shouts.

I chew on my bottom lip, thinking very carefully what I want to say to her.

"Why didn't you disagree with me?"

"Huh?" She tilts her head.

"I know you didn't want to go on the date with him. But you also didn't fully say no. Tell me, Kang. No one else is here, did you really want to go with him?"

"No, I fucking didn't! Are you happy?" She snaps, tears streaming from her face. It was like the dam blew open for her and she couldn't contain it longer.

"Why?" I push further. She looks conflicted. "Why should I tell you, Jeon!" she angrily yells.

"Because I want to know how you really feel!" I yell back.

"Because all I could think about was you! Okay? There I said it!"

I stop breathing. Is this real?

"You know what? Fuck you, Jeon! For everything! For making hurting me, for confusing m—"

I don't wait for her to finish before running to her and slamming my lips down on hers. She's winded by surprise, making me go slower. I cup both sides of her face, pressing gently into her soft lips. They taste just like strawberries.

The moment I feel her kiss back I can't help but smile. I tap her thigh lightly and she immediately gets it, jumping up as I catch her. Without breaking the kiss I sit her on the kitchen counter, diving deeper into her taste. We both pull away reluctantly, trying to catch our breath.

Her face is flushed pink, her lips now only having my trace on them. I smile at her flustered figure.

"I'm sorry."

I get a better look of her face, realising she's pouting. "For what?" I ask her softly, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"I-I couldn't face you after the dinner. I felt so guilty..."

I smile sadly, remembering what my dad told me. "You don't owe me anything, Byeol. You're free to go out with anyone you want," I tell her the hard truth.

She looks into my eyes, now glossy with threatening tears. I breathe out shakily, getting lost in her starry orbs.

"But my god, are you all I ever think about Kang Byeol."