09

Nice Boys ; TEMPOREX

KANG BYEOL POV

The following week felt... odd.

Everyone seemed to be on their tippy-toes around me, especially Jeon. But he's proven himself to be a decent human being respecting my personal space by staying away from me. "Do you want anything to eat, Kang? I-I can—"

"Guys," I sigh tiredly. "It's been a week. I know how deep-rooted my issue is but I'm honestly over last week's incident. Don't be so overly cautious with me, I don't like feeling fragile."

Jimin bites back on his tongue, staring down at his feet. Everyone else just nods, Yoongi refusing to look at me. Hoseok comes forward with a star keychain in his hand along with a note.

"I don't mean to put you in this position, but could you pass these to Haru? She's still pissed with me about... it," he drags awkwardly, extending the gifts to me. "I really didn't know about your parents, Kang. I'm sorry I encouraged it. I would've gotten you something too I just, don't really know what you like..."

I smile half-heartedly, taking it from him. "Sure."

𓈉 ☆ 𓈉

"That jerk, thinking he can win me over with a smiley sun," Haru seethes with anger.

I side-eye her, chuckling softly. "I thought it was pretty cute. Come on, Haru. He's really sorry. And it's not entirely his fault either you know that."

Her expression softens, twirling the keychain in her palm. "I guess it's kind of cute," she mumbles.

"It even looks like him, look." I point at its heart-shaped smile, getting her to smile along with it.

Hoseok and Haru are so compatible with each other it's insane. He's been an absolute ray of sunshine on her life, which I find pretty metaphorical since her name also means day. They fit perfectly together like the sun in the morning sky.

"It's the last day of school before our term break. Just make up with him and you can spend your break all romantic-styles with your man again," I urge her, letting her know it's okay.

"Fine. Only for you, Kang," she sighs, eyes drooping. "You know I don't like seeing you hurt."

A solemn smile appears on my face. "I know, Haru."

𓈉 ☆ 𓈉

Once school ends, I take my skateboard from my locker and plug in my earphones, getting ready to leave the school compound. Just as my music starts playing I hear a loud voice shout down the hallway. "Where you goin', Kang?" it calls.

No, no. Just when I thought he was finally leaving me alone. Jeon Jungkook comes out running after me, backpack almost falling off his shoulder as he rushes towards me. I panic, starting to push myself off.

"That's not fair you have a sweet ride," he whines behind me.

I stick my middle finger out at him looking back. "That's on you for being slow, Jeon."

"I bet you I can reach home faster than you," he challenges. I smirk, knowing it's impossible.

"Oh yeah? Fine. If I win, you leave me alone for a whole week."

He scoffs nodding his head in mockery. "Alright, but if I win you have to do what I tell you to. No backouts."

"Deal!" I shout, skating away as quickly as possible.

I laugh giddily, feeling the wind brush past me messing up my hair. I look back occasionally to find him panting and running after me. I do a few tricks and spin my board around just to flip him off. He laughs it off, trying to get a few breaths as he quickens his pace. I see my house coming up, breathing a sigh of relief as my race comes to an end quicker than my opponent.

However, a sudden turn of events knocks me off my winning high.

Jeon fucking Jungkook sprints past me all of a sudden, appearing like the flash. He collides with his own door in a quick motion crouching down and taking deep breaths.

"I... won..." he hardly gets the words out.

I stop rolling, hitting the edge of my skateboard. It flips up and I catch it in my hand pissed off. "Alright Jeon, you win. What do you want quickly so I don't have to deal with this," I poke the inside of my cheek mad, suddenly realising I took up this habit from him.

"I want you to hear me out," he says.

I study his features carefully now, no more signs of playfulness. He's being serious. I turn my body to face him letting him know he has my fullest attention now.

"Shit, Kang. I really had no idea, okay? You've never really talked about them before and I get why, I just... I feel like shit for what I did. So," he pauses.

He reaches into his bag for awhile and my eyes go wide. I flinch as soon as his hand comes out from it, shielding my face.

"Geez, Kang. I'm trying to apologise here not kill you," He chuckles.

Embarrassment fills my being, red pouring into my cheeks. "S-sorry. Instincts, Jeon. Who knows what'll happen around you?" I laugh nervously.

My eyes dart down to his hands, seeing what he's taken out. I frown confused.

"Um, Jeon? I thinking I'm fucking dumb."

He giggles, bunny smiles all over. In this moment I finally see how much I missed our interactions. This week was meant to be a healing period for me, wanting to let him know how badly he hurt me with his seemingly harmless prank. But here I am, shortening the time I promised to myself, letting him in again easily.

"Read the text, dumbass," he shoves the two pieces of paper towards me.

"Dr Jeon Jungkook— okay this is already bullshit," I sigh. He folds his arms now, looking at me and urging me on.

"...invites you to a week of childish fun and games?" I grow even more confused, but smiling at the hand-drawn tickets in my hand. They're embellished with his own drawings, a scribble of a girl and a boy pointing middle fingers at everyone around them in the middle.

"Read the back," he says eagerly.

I flip it behind, giggling at the words written. "Ticket warrants unlimited privileges of commanding Dr Jeon to do embarrassing shit in public."

Did he just hand-make these shitty tickets just to give me a chance to get back at him?

"So? What do you say?" He dance-pokes me, making me laugh smiling widely.

"Fuck it, Jeon. I'm in."