18

A/N: hi I've decided song recommendations will be a thing i do now since id like to help set the mood for you guys and also provide good music for you all:) hope you enjoy them!

JUNGKOOK POV

20 minutes earlier

She flipped me off and ran out of the diner. Fuck!

Namjoon takes a bunch of napkins and hands them to me. "Thanks," I murmur, too pissed off to look at anyone as I wipe myself clean.

"You really are an asshole, Jeon. That was so uncalled for," Haru hisses at me.

"Sorry, Haru? That was uncalled for? She fucking emptied her shake all over me!"

She side-glares me now. "I admit that was a bit much but you deserve it. What's your issue anyway? Why'd you have to shit on her like that?" I avoid her gaze.

"Hey, don't talk to my boyfriend like that," Chohee butts in, standing in front of Haru now. Hoseok shoots me a glance now, protective of his girlfriend.

"Chohee just stay out of it," I snap. She turns around at me in shock, more confused than anything. "But baby, I'm just trying—"

"Yeah, I know. Shit! I'm need some air." I kick the table forward in anger, not enough to topple over but allowing me to get out of the cramped space. Everyone looks out of place, unsure of what just happened myself included. I let myself out, not caring how I left the group.

Why did it bother me so much? What was I thinking begging her the other day. I made a complete fool of myself then and now.

As I replay what I said earlier to her I cringe. Everytime I try to express myself I end up hurting her. Hell, I really didn't mean to say that. I never wanted to.

I run out hoping to catch her still around. I accidentally kick something on the ground. A phone?

K.B initials and a star sticker.

A really bad feeling starts settling in, gripping my heart tightly. I start panicking running along the pavement, desperately searching for her.

Come on, Kang. Where are you?

"P-Please—" A sharp sound emits from the corner alleyway, drawing my attention to it. The moment I turn the corner my blood runs cold and I forget how to breathe.

The disgusting man towers over her weak figure, hands fumbling with his belt.

No!

I run in without thinking, pulling the man back pinning him on the ground. Before he can react I punch him hard in the face. "Who the fuck—!"

"You're fucking sick!" I punch him again until he can't fend for himself. Once he's unconscious I quickly move to the terrified girl.

"Byeol?" She doesn't respond but keeps shaking in place.

My heart clenches at her state, gently trying to tap her. I realise I shouldn't have done that as she starts fully freaking out immediately trying to fight me.

"Don't touch me! Don't t-touch me—"

"Byeol, it's me!" I reassure her, moving to hold her shaking hands. She visibly calms down, looking as if her blindfold was just lifted off.

"B-Byeol..." I gently stroke the side of her tear-stained face.

"It's me."

She breaks down and falls into my embrace. "J-Jungkook..."

The fear in her voice pierces my heart, my breath hitching at her trembling figure. "Ssh, I'm here now. It's alright..."

𓈉 ☆ 𓈉

𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕧𝕠𝕚𝕔𝕖, 𝕠𝕞𝕒𝕣 𝕒𝕡𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕠

I lay her down in the backseat of my car and hurriedly drive off to the nearest hospital.

"Jungkook..." Her weak voice sounds. I make eye contact with her from the driver's mirror, too anxious to reply verbally.

"No hospitals."

"I-I can't," I breathe out, making the turn. "Your leg's in a really bad shape, Byeol."

She whimpers again. "P-Please, no."

Reluctantly I adhere, driving back to my house. This is no time to argue, I only want what's best for her right now. I park right in front of the house, my mom coming out in curiosity. As soon as I open the backseat and carry her out do her eyes widen in panic and help me bring her in.

We lay her carefully onto the couch, stretching her leg out. "Jungkook, what happened?" My mom rushes, taking a bucket and cloth to her injured leg.

"I'll tell you later, can you help me take the glass out?" I look over at the shards of glass sticking out of her leg. She's paralysed in fear, knowing it has to be done no matter how painful it'll be.

"I need you to be strong, okay Byeol?" I grasp her hand tightly. She attempts to look down at her leg but I use my free hand to hold her face in place, towards the ceiling and staring at me. "Look at me, not there."

I wipe her tears away, marvelling at her innocent starry eyes. I know this isn't the time to be thinking of such things but I can't help it.

Even as she's shaken up, hair in a mess and eyes puffy from crying,

She's still so beautiful.

"A-ah..." She squeezes her eyes shut in pain as my mom carefully removes the first shard of glass from her leg. "H-hey..." I panic.

"Jungkook, it hurts... it hurts so bad..."

I know.

The only thing running through my mind right now is distracting her. My eyes dart down and the instinct comes so naturally to me.

Carefully and gently I lower my forehead onto hers, our lips meeting so effortlessly.