Chapter 16: Might As Well Get Hit By A Frying Pan

Start from the beginning

The Final League was where the final contestants performed in front of the students, before entering into the actual competition. Sam was selected for DJing and Candy was in his soccer selection. In sports, the scouts held competitions in stages, like the other categories. This way, the best out of them could earn a full scholarship to his/her favourite university.

The shrill sound of the bell broke my day dreaming and I got up along with Sam.

"Good morning students," the speakers blared, making the voice of our principle echo throughout the hallways." This announcement is to inform you guys that this period will be a study period for all. Students are requested to go into the classes according to their fourth periods. Thank you."

Groans of students filled the hallway as I proceeded towards my locker with Sam in tow. Since because of the Talent Hunt, we had a couply of free periods, we could do anything we wanted, provided we sat in one classroom.

"What do you have now?" I asked.

She pulled out her schedule and groaned. "Maths."

I pulled out my schedule to see what period I had. I let out a similar groan as I read the word "Physics."

Sam looked at my schedule and laughed. "Good luck."

I merely nodded as took out my books. My head ache seemed to have increased upon knowing that I had physics next. With my head down, I sluggishly started to walk towards the dreaded class. You know another reason why I hated this class was that I had the Queen B with me in it. The fact that neither Candy nor Sam shared the class with me made it even worse.

As I kept walking with my eyes scrutinizing the floor, I didn't realize that someone was coming my way so I crashed into the person, landing on my butt.

I looked up to see a dark haired boy staring up at me. "I, um I'm sorry. I wasn't looking," the boy replied, in a British accent.

"No, no need to apologize. I am equally at fault," I said getting up. I dusted my jeans and collected the books that had fallen along with me.

I studied the foreigner's face as he picked up his paper's. He was cute, with hazel eyes and a square-cut jaw. He was fit, to say the least. He must've been into a sport. He was tall too, not too giant, but of a good height. His hair seemed really silky to touch.

"So, you're new here?" I asked I helped him pick a few papers.

"Yeah, just transferred to this school."

"That's nice," I said, standing straight," So, do you need help finding the office or something?" I asked, praying that he'd say yes. I really didn't want to attend this class. If he said yes, I could show him the office and then accompany him to his next class and then return to my own like a slow poke, when there would be only a few minutes left.

YES! A brilliant plan.

"Why do I have a feeling that you are just offering to help because you want to skip class?" he asked.

"Well, busted." I gave him a sheepish expression.

He chuckled. "Actually, I was just coming from the office, with my schedule. I was trying to find room number 45 when I bumped into you."

My eyes widened. "You have physics with Mr. Dougles?"

"Uh-yeah. Why?"

"Ho boy. Good luck surviving that class," I replied as I started walking.

"Why? Is the teacher strict or something?" he asked as he walked beside me.

'STRICT is going to be an understatement. Plus, the teacher teaches like a sleeping hound."