Make Yourself at Home

Sometime later Jack arrives at Nikki's and lets himself in using her spare keys. He walks into the hallway and places his gym bag down on the floor and shuts the front door. He turns around to see Nikki's jacket and handbag hanging up. 

As he removes his jacket and shoes he hears moment coming from upstairs followed by the faint sound of the shower running, he stands there for a moment and hears the shower turning off and then Nikki steps out the bathroom and walks across the hallway in nothing but a towel covering her. "Oh hey," She smiles as she looks down the stairs at Jack stood in downstairs looking up at her. 

"Hi, erm... where shall I put my stuff?" Jack asks curiously.
"Oh bring it up here, I've set your bed up for you" Nikki smiles happily as she flicks her damp hair over her shoulder. 

Jack bites his lip and takes a breath as he finds himself slightly distracted by how much thigh Nikki has on show and how incredible her legs are. "Oh thank you... you didn't have too" Jack smiles.
"So what are you waiting for? Come put your things away, make yourself at home" Nikki responds. Jack snaps out of his daydream and grabs his gym bag and walks up the stairs Nikki shows him to her spare room before leaving him to get settled. 

Jack unpacks his clothes into the small wardrobe and drawers which are in the spare room and then sits himself down on the bed and looks at the time. Nikki soon appears at the door and smiles at him, "Hey, I'm about to cook my dinner, would you like some?" Nikki questions with a smile. 

He looks up from his lap at Nikki how has her hair up in a ponytail and she is now dressed in loose jogger bottoms and a close-fitting top, "Erm... sure" He smiles as he stands up.
"It's sweet potato and chicken curry," Nikki smiles and Jack simply nods and follows Nikki downstairs and into the kitchen. 

Nikki gets a few things out the refrigerator and then grabs a bottle of wine and two glasses, "Do you need any help?" Jack quizzes noticing how cluttered Nikki's kitchen table is, he walks over and notices it's all her cause files, he smirks to himself and shakes his head slightly. "Workaholic" He mumbles. 

"I'm fine, you're my guest" She smiles.
"No I insist, why don't I clear your table?" He asks.
"It's an organised mess, It's the Hylton case... I've been working on this one for a while, the police have no suspect yet, But I am adamant on nailing the murderer" She smiles as she begins to prepare their dinner. 

Jack stands at the table and looks at the paperwork, "This is good Nik, and you've been working on this paper too?" Jack questions as he notices something else.
"Yes it's a paper about infant death and shaken baby syndrome," She replies.
"But... we don't specialise in infants anymore... why the sudden interest?" Jack quizzes as he pours the wine into the two glasses. 

Nikki shrugs her shoulders and continues to prepare their dinner. Soon they both fall into silence and only the only thing to be heard is the sound of the curry bubbling away on the stove. "... thanks for putting me up, I owe you" Jack speaks up.

She smirks and rolls her eyes at him, "Don't be silly, I could do with the company, you know sometimes I hate being along, think I start to slowly slip into insanity... I bet my neighbours think I'm having some crazy party, playing music too loud and start talking to myself..." She smirks looking up from the countertop island which she is currently leaning on. 

Jack chuckles to himself and watches as she turns around to finish off their dinner. Soon they are both sat at the kitchen table opposite each other after Jack managed to convince Nikki to clean off her kitchen table so they could sit and eat, "...Woah, this is incredible" Jack speaks as he takes another mouthful of his food.
"Quick and easy, just how I like it" Nikki smiles as Jack looks up at her and throws a smirk, "I hope you're not being dirty-minded Jack..." She chuckles.
"Me... never" He smirks as he continues to eat his dinner.