28 | vermillion

-Chapter Twenty Eight-

word count-347

People swarmed each aisle, as shopping carts clashed within the bustling crowd. There was an unusual amount of people at the grocery store today, more than usual you could say.

Perhaps there was a sale today, although [name] didn't care much for the sale. She was more concerned about the fact that she was still lost. Her throat had gotten dry, constantly calling out Vinny's name had taken a light toll on her vocal chords. Discouraged, [name] soon gave up, opting to sit in one of the corners in the dairy aisle.

The clash and chatter of the customers drowned out the loud stomping that Vinny was making. He hastily made his way through the hefty crowd of people, though it was hard to do so. The large shopping cart he was pushing made it hard to go through the crowd quickly. Even though it was a bit difficult, Vinny tried his best to keep a steady but fast pace, pushing through the crowd with light force. He was determined to find [name], unfortunately he didn't have [name]'s phone number which made things harder than they had to be.

It was getting rather cold where [name] was seated. She shivered as her eyes wandered through the crowd, looking for the familiar shade of vermillion red.

-

A gasp made its way to her lips. [name] abruptly stood up, causing a few questioning glances thrown in her way. But in the moment, [name] didn't care. Finally! After what felt like decades, she found Vinny. Although she was pretty sure that Vinny didn't see her.

[name] squished her way through the crowd, making sure she wouldn't lose sight of Vinny. Soon enough, her view of Vinny had gotten closer. Right when she was behind him, someone pushed into her, causing her to fall.

Bump!

Her head hit right into Vinny's back. Vinny turned around, confused at the sudden collision. Looking down to see who had bumped into him. A look of surprise plastered on his face, his mouth agape before he said

"[name]?"