21 | awkward

-Chapter Twenty One-

word count-359

[name] blinked her eyes opened, she could faintly hear the sound of something sizzling. Getting up from the floor, she noticed that Jay was gone. Vinny wasn't in his bed either.

[name] looked in the direction of the stove, there she saw Vinny cooking something up. Walking towards Vinny, she asked

"What are you making?"

Vinny turned around, a bit startled from [name]'s sudden appearance. [name] tilted her head in confusion before she said

"Vinny?"

A brief moment of silence fell, before Vinny coughed and curtly replied with a

"eggs, want some?"

[name] nodded her head, still observing Vinny as he cooked. This was nice, peaceful mornings with Vinny. A contented sigh reached her lips as she thought about this morning. Could she have mornings as nice as this everyday?

Who knows...snapping out of her thoughts, [name] saw as Vinny turned off the stove and plated the eggs.

"Let's go eat."

Vinny calmly said as he brought over the two plates of eggs to the table. Following Vinny as he walked to the table, [name] noted how messy Vinny's hair was. [name] giggled slightly at the sight of Vinny's disheveled appearance.

-

They sat there in silence as they both ate the eggs. Occasionally [name] would look up at Vinny but quickly looking away once Vinny noticed her staring.

'This was awkward'

[name] thought, she thought that maybe she could strike a conversation but the problem was...she didn't know what to talk about. Chewing the eggs, as she sulked, still thinking on what to say to Vinny. Moments passed, not long before Vinny had finished his eggs and was about to get up and put his dish away.

[name] panicked, she didn't want Vinny to leave! What was she going to do? Out of impulse, [name] grabbed onto Vinny's arm. Slightly shouting out

"Wait!"

Vinny looked back at [name] in confusion. Now she's done it, [name] actually didn't know what to say...it was just in the moment. But the more she thought about it, she made a stupid choice...it wasn't like Vinny was going to disappear. He was just going to the other room.

"What is it [name]?"