41 | goodbyes?

Chapter 41
full chapter

It didn't take long for Jay to shrug away his worries, it wasn't like [name] was a child that needed to be taken care of. Looking back once more towards Vinny and [name] before Jay waved a slight goodbye and left the street.

Vinny peered down the street, confirming that Jay was out of hearing distance before he turned back to [name]. "So, you're returning home..." Vinny said with a tinge of sadness in his voice. [name] lifted the corners of her mouth, attempting a slight smile. "Yeah, I guess I am." She said before reaching a hand out to pat Vinny's shoulder. The sudden touch surprised Vinny as he wasn't quite used to another person's touch but after a few seconds he pulled [name] close into a half, slightly awkward sort of hug.

To a passerby the hug looked awkward and forced but [name] knew that it wasn't. This was Vinny's way of saying goodbye even if it was slightly awkward, [name] appreciated this. She was glad that the short time they spent together was worth while and even if she won't see him again, at least they would depart on good terms.

Before Vinny could say another word, [name] pulled away from Vinny's touch and swiftly turned away and walked to the house. As she waved a goodbye, she could hear Vinny ask her "We'll still see each other right?" Taking a final glance at Vinny she mouthed the word "no."