05 | the hot concrete underneath my feet

-Chapter Five-

word count-327

It was a bright morning, waking up late and wrapped in warm blankets. [name] still fast asleep with no motivation to wake up. Several hours later, [name] woke up. Her eyes still hazy from her sleep. Still the weekend she didn't bother getting up right away, opting to continue laying in bed for a bit longer.

CLANG CRASH CRASH

[name] sat up in a hurry, confused and shocked because of the sudden noise. Stepping up from her bed and opening the door of her room. [name] peeked her head out of her room, a small gasp leaving her lips as she saw the predicament Jay was in. On the floor laid Jay with a fruit bowl left on the ground, fruit scattered all over the ground.

"What happened?! Why are you on the ground??"

exclaimed [name], worried her brother Jay was hurt. Jay put up a hand signaling he was okay. [name] sighing in relief, not long before noticing Jay's athletic wear. Curious on where he was going in such an athletic outfit.

Standing up, Jay waved [name] bye. Telling her that he had some business to attend before leaving the house in a hurry. [name] furrowed her eyebrows, obviously wanting to know where he was leaving in such a hurry for.

"arghhh...jsbdhbsd what should I do? AH! I know...I'll follow him"

[name] said while messing up her hair with her hands in the process. Quickly getting changed, [name] bolted out the door in a spree. Lifting up a hand to cover the sun from her face, [name] could still luckily see Jay's bike silhouette. Running to catch up with his bike, she continued trailing Jay, keeping a safe distance to not get caught.

The blazing sun piercing down, heating up the gray concrete in the process. [name] swiftly trailing Jay, careful not to get caught. All while Jay was peacefully riding his bike down the car-less road.

a hot day it was.