38.2 | back home

-Chapter Thirty Eight-
part 2

It was the morning of, [name] had her things packed up in her bag. The wheels of her suitcase dragged against the wooden floors of the house; [name] dragged the suitcase outside.

Jay was right behind her, it seemed as if he had the intent to drop [name] off at their house but [name] wasn't too sure. It was hard to determine whether or not she would make her way back home alone or with the company of somebody else. [name] turned to face Jay, slightly leaning against her suitcase. "Are you gonna walk me home?" [name] asked, Jay stopped putting his shoes on mid-way; he looked up to gaze at his sister. Jay shrugged his shoulders, continuing to put his shoes on before curtly replying.

-

[name] wasn't too sure about this, the air between the three of them felt slightly awkward. Currently, [name] was stuck in-between her brother and Vinny; it was nice talking to both of them alone but with the two of them, [name] wasn't sure how to make conversation.

[name] looked at them both, sighing silently before continuing to walk in silence for the next ten minutes or so. The only relief she had was the sound of her suitcase wheels scratching against the concrete ground.

"Well, at least the silence was comfortable despite the awkward tension." [name] thought.