10 | suspicion

-Chapter Ten-

word count-321

Dropping her bag to the floor and plopping down on her bed, [name] thought back on her walk with Vinny. It was quiet but it was a nice type of quiet. Slightly sighing before getting up and changing out of her school uniform and into more comfortable clothing.

Walking out of her room and into the kitchen before Jay stopped her, looking her up and down before asking her

"What happened? Where did you go and why are you like that...?"

Jay said with a lace of suspicion in his voice. [name] looked down, before stuttering out

"W-what do you mean, nothing happened. I just went to a new cafe and the pastries were really good!"

Jay eyed her one last time before nodding, still suspicious of what had happened to make [name] so...struck with awe. [name] watched as Jay walked to his room, sighing in relief. Wait, why was she sighing in relief? Shaking her head, she got something to eat from the kitchen before going back to her room.

clack

The sound of the front door opening told [name] that her mom was finally home. Hearing footsteps approach her room before the door of her room opened, revealing her mom. [name]'s mom peered inside before noticing [name] was doing her homework. Closing the door and walking to the kitchen, [name]'s mom prepared dinner.

As time past, her father soon returned home as well. [name]'s mother welcoming him home before announcing that dinner was almost ready. Emerging from her room, [name] helped set the table. Knocking on both of her brothers' room, telling them that they should help set the table and get ready to eat dinner.

The bowls and plates filled with food soon filled the table. Everyone sitting down to enjoy the meal that was prepared.

the warm steam of the rice, tummies rumbling with hunger. a peaceful dinner she thought it would be.