25 | hospital memories

-Chapter Twenty Five-

word count-600

She sat on the white hospital bed, the doctors kept telling her that she was getting better. But she often doubted their words. Sometimes she wondered if she was ever going to get out of the dreaded hospital and go back to her family in Korea.

'I am actually getting better?'

She thought, she knew that if she got better, she could go back. But when was that going to happen? She's been here since she was nine, now she was thirteen. Four full years of being trapped inside the place she loathed.

But even if she left, she knew that she would have to come back soon enough. Her body was just way too weak. She could hardly function without her medications.

-

The bell rang, everyone got up from their seats and rushed to the cafeteria. [name] still zoning out as she quietly sat at her desk.

Shelly turned her head to look at [name], who seemed to be in the midst of her thoughts. A cry of her name brought [name] out of her train of  thoughts. Shelly giggled, watching [name] look around in confusion before staring back at Shelly.

"What were you thinking so hard about?"

Shelly asked [name], a hint of amusement behind her voice.

"Uh...n-nothing important-!"

[name] stuttered out, Shelly raised her eyebrow up at [name]'s slightly flustered state.

"If you say so..."

Shelly said, before getting up from her desk and walking away. Waving a hand at [name], signalling her to join her and Mia at the cafeteria. [name] rubbed her eyes as she ran off to catch up with Shelly.
-

Three years past, she was now sixteen. Finally there was good news, she was getting better. She was glad, maybe if she was well enough she could go back to her family.

"[name], you need to take your meds again."

The call of her name snapped her out of her thoughts as the nurse walked into the room. [name]'s eyes wandered to the tray that the nurse was holding. She knew that she had to take the medicine to get better but she hated it.

She stared at the tray, hesitation clear on her face. The nurse gave a small huff, ready to scold [name] that she needed to take the pill. Surprisingly before the nurse could scold her, [name] nodded her head. Quietly accepting her medication. A smile appeared on the nurse's face as she set the tray down on the table next to [name]'s bed.

The nurse handed [name] the pill, though [name] was still weary of taking medications, she threw the pill in her mouth. Gulping down the glass of water that the nurse provided along side the pill.

-

The school day was now over, [name] waved her classmates goodbye as she got her bag and headed out of the classroom.

Originally [name] wanted to walk back to Vinny's house with Jay, however Jay was busy conversating with one of the teachers. Not wanting to wait for Jay to finish the conversation with the teacher, [name] decided to walk back by herself.

The sun was still high in the sky, students huddled together as they walked home. As [name] continued walking back to Vinny's house, she noticed most students from Sunny Highschool disappeared. Different students from what looked like an all boys school could be seen walking in front of her instead.

'Hm? Is that Vinny?'

[name] thought, she could see familiar red hair. Assuming it was Vinny since not many people had that strange hair colour.

"Hey! Vinny!"