11 | arguments

hey so in this chapter i might not completely follow the storyline (how things happened in windbreaker) because i don't really remember it that well. but i'll try to keep it close to the plot of the original story! so if you notice that something is a bit different from this and the original story then i'm very sorry. (since i don't want to re-read windbreaker again i'll try to keep it as close as i remember it but it may still be a bit tweaked cuz this story and windbreaker are different and it's not completely the same storyline.)

hope you enjoy the rest of the chapter :))

-Chapter Eleven-

word count-438

Everyone sat down at the dinner table, bowls clanking against each other. Though it seemed like every other family dinner, the tension that filled the air was thick. So thick that you could cut it with a knife.

Their mother broke the tension, asking Jay about his grades and why they've been going down. Jay said nothing, playing with his food. [name] thought that would be the end of the conversation after their mom's lecture but oh was she wrong.  Soon an outbreak of their mother yelling at Jay about his grades, threatening to throw away his bike again.

[name] kept quiet, knowing that if she were to join into the conversation, the argument would only grow bigger. Their dad broke into the conversation, yelling at their mother about fights at the dinner table. With that, the conversation ended. Everyone eating in silence.

-

[name] sat on her bed, thinking about the argument that had occurred during dinner. She bit her lip, concerned about how Jay was doing. Hopefully he was fine but knowing him he was probably studying due to their mom's yelling.

[name] got up, walking to Jay's room. Knocking on the door before opening the bedroom door, looking inside she saw Jay at his desk.

"Hey, are you okay?"

[name] asked, a worried tone in her voice. Jay didn't even bother looking up but just nodded his head while he flipped a textbook page.

"I heard you have a race tomorrow..."

Hearing that, Jay whipped his head to look at [name]. Evident shock in his eyes, before he asked

"Who told you that...?"

[name] simply replied with

"Ah, Vinny did. But I'll support you and watch your race!"

And with that, Jay smiled and continued on his work, [name] walked out of his room and back to her room. She just hoped that her mom wouldn't find out about Jay's activities...

she just hoped her mom wouldn't find out about jay's activities...