Chapter forty-six | The very French macarons

I snuggled closer into the warm blankets. Arms wrapped around my waist pulled me closer, surrounding me with body heat.

Warm breaths tickled my neck as slowly senses returned to consciousness. That familiar clean scent that surrounded Eli filtered through my nose, calming my mind. A small smile slid on my face as he pulled me closer to his body.

Our bodies were sticky with sweat as his skin rubbed against mine.

Unlike last night, our breathing was calm. Turning around in his vice grip, I turned to face my boyfriend.

Oh my, God! It has already been almost three months! My mind screamed in delight.

My eyes flickered towards the wild wind blowing outside. My window was frosted as snow swirled in a crazy pattern.

My eyes returned towards his peaceful face as his mouth was open to snore lightly.

Placing my finger over his parted lips, I relished the feel of his swollen skin under mine.

Our bodies molded together as our body heat mixed with each others'.

I didn't dare to notice the state of my room as I was sure it was a wreck.

Three months of pent up sexual tension can be volcanic.

My eyes moved to Eli as he grumbled something in his sleep, making me giggle.

Trying to be teasing, I tickled his face with a strand of my hair. His nose scrunched up in irritation as he swatted my hand away. Grumbling in his sleep, he turned away from me. "Let me sleep, Cynthia," he spoke loudly in a groggy voice.

I chuckled at his words and leaned on his back. Pestering him was a very interesting task for me. I leaned forward and placed a kiss on his jaw.

With feather-light kisses all over his face, I finally placed my lips on his.

A low groan rumbled from Eli's lips as his hands grasped my waist. Turning around, he mashed our bodies together, making passion peek through every touch.

Pulling back breathless, I stared at him with lust swirling eyes. Slowly, he looked up at me with hooded eyes.

His icy blue eyes matched the snow outside as they displayed intensity and emotions similar to mine.

"Good morning," he whispered as the morning husk made his voice deeper.

I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair. "Good morning."

No more words were exchanged as we embraced the silence of our presence.

I pulled away from him and got off the bed. Eli produced a slight sound of discontent as fingers pulled away from his hair. With a small giggle leaving my lips, I pulled a pair of pajama bottoms and a t-shirt over me.