Chapter twenty-seven | Next comes sexting

(I know, another repeat of Eli's POV. I just think it is important for the plot.)

Navya's words bounced off the walls as silence made its way. I felt as if I had stopped breathing, waiting for Connor to react.

After moments dragged to a minute, her shoulders slumped in defeat. Her hand slipped back to her side as Navya's head hung low.

She took a step back, returning Connor the personal space she had invaded.

Surprising both of us, Connor grabbed her hand, stopping her from moving away. He tugged the hand to his face and leaned against it, closing his eyes in content.

Navya's gasp echoed in the room as I gawked at the scene in front of me.

"I want her back too. I want my feisty best friend back," he mumbled slowly under his breath.

A squeal slipped past Navya's lips as she jumped on her spot. Connor opened his eyes just in time to see Navya barreling towards him.

He stumbled a little as she came crashing into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck.

I released a breath I didn't even remember holding. The tension in the room slowly evaporated into nothing.

Connor and Navya stayed wrapped into each other's embrace as silent tears flowed through their eyes. They remained like this for a few moments until I disrupted their peace.

"Guys, can I join your sob moment? I am your best friend too," I joked as I stepped closer to them.

Navya leaned away from Connor and nodded, opening her arms in a welcoming manner. I faintly heard Connor mutter 'cock block' as we formed a group hug.

"She is not into cocks any more," I joked, earning an amused look from Navya and a mock scowl from Connor.

"Talking about dicks. Way to ruin the moment, Eli," Connor mocked, earning a playful punch from me.

"I missed you guys so much. I thought I lost both of you forever," Navya muttered as she closed her eyes.

Leaning back, Connor and I shared a look and nodded in understanding. "It is impossible to get rid of us," I started.

"So, stop dreaming about it," Connor completed.

Navya chuckled as a fresh wave of tears escaped her swollen eyes. "Shit!" she muttered playfully, making three of us chuckle.

Finally, everything was changing back to normal, and I was thankful for it.

About an hour later, we found ourselves settled in the living room as we munched on the pasta dad made. Binge-watching 'Ps I still love you', even if we had seen it many times before.