Chapter twenty-three | Sexy Hoodie

Chapter twenty-three | Sexy Hoodie

I jerked away from his side as a sudden thought hit me. With eyes wide, I quickly grabbed my phone and raced down the stairs.

"Holy shit! I forgot about it!" I groaned as I skipped down two steps at a time.

His feet thundered right behind me as he followed me down.

Grabbing my hand just as I was about to swing the door open, he turned me around. "What happened, Cynthia?" Concern furrowed his brows together.

"My dad is coming home this evening, and I forgot to go grocery shopping. He will not be happy to see that we are using the refrigerator as a decoration only," I spoke frantically. "I need to make him something for dinner too."

Eli's shoulder's relaxed as he gave me a long look. "Calm down! You almost gave me a panic attack. Come on. I'll come and help you," Eli said calmly, squeezing my shoulders.

He asked me to wait a minute and then ran upstairs. He returned with his phone, keys, and wallet.

He had pulled a blue jacket over his t-shirt that read Chemistry jokes Argon. That made me smile a bit.

His nerdiness is cute.

"Come on, let's go," he said and pulled the door open for me.

"I will drive," I called out and gestured for him to give me his keys.

He gave me a long look and then nodded. He shrugged his shoulders and threw his car keys towards me.

I adjusted the seat to my size and pulled out of the driveway. The ride was silent as the GPS pointed us the way towards the nearest Target.

"So, do you have a list or something?" Eli asked as he grabbed one of the red shopping carts with bullseye logo.

I nodded and fished out the note on my mobile. It wasn't complete, but the stuff listed was enough for tonight's dinner.

I walked through the aisles, putting various items inside the cart he was dragging with him. Eli was quiet throughout the process, with a few comments on a better brand.

I grabbed two enormous packs of oreo and placed them into the cart. He made a sound at the back of his throat as he did that.

"Too much sugar," he grumbled, glaring straight at the oreo packs. I bit my lips and stifled a laugh.

Returning my attention to the list on my phone, I walked towards the meat aisle.

Just as I picked a pack of chicken drumsticks, a sweet tinkling voice, stopped me short.

"Hey, Eli!" the voice beamed.

I turned around to notice a girl in an oversized black hoodie and tight black jeans.