Chapter fifteen| Straight lines

I woke up to the sound of soft snoring next to my ear. The warm body curled against me brought me to my senses. Shocked, I opened my eyes and then relaxed at sight in front of me.

Cynthia's small lips were parted as she breathed, and her face was slack with relaxation. Her hair was a jumbled mess, forming a halo around her.

The clothes on my body reassured me as her arms tightened around me.

My eyes focused on every slight detail of her face. Her pale cheeks were a bit flushed as her makeup from last night was smudged. Her long eyelashes rested on her cheeks.

My attention turned towards the small black mole, barely a size of a dot, that rested on her cheek.

With her legs tangled with mine and arms wrapped around my waist, she was under the covers with me. Literally.

A few seconds later, an intense throbbing struck my brain, making me groan out loud.

Cynthia jolted up from her sleep with a start. Abandoning her in the bed, I ran towards the bathroom. I retched my guts out, puking all the contents of my stomach.

Finally done with gut vomiting, I flushed the toilet and gurgled with the mouthwash there. All the time, she was leaning against the bathroom door. Her eyes were curious and followed each step.

"Good morning," she said with a tilt of her head.

I nodded in response and turned towards her. "Good morning," I greeted, grimacing as the hangover fucked me on the inside.

She sighed and moved towards the bathroom vanity. Leaning down, she reached for a lower drawer. Pulling out a bottle of painkiller, she handed me two pills.

She gestured for me to follow her into the bedroom where she handed me a water bottle.

I gave her a grateful look and gulped the pills down. She silently stared at me for a few seconds and then made her way towards the bed.

Leaning back on her arms, she gave me a calculating look.

"Do you remember anything from last night? After I left you in the kitchen." She fixed her eyes on my face, searching for an answer.

"I remember talking to many people, socializing as you said, and playing a game," I said, shaking my head. "I played beer pong with Connor, but it was vodka instead of beer."

She laughed and threw her head back. "Let me guess. You lost." She got the words out in fits of laughter. I just huffed and rolled my eyes.

"After that, I remember little," I added as an afterthought.

She gave me a long look, staring straight in my eyes. "You don't remember rest?" Her voice was low, but it held a brief note of vulnerability.

I shook my head and scrunched my eyebrows together. "I did nothing stupid, right?"