Chapter twenty-one | Good hungry morning

It had been a week since Eli got into a fight with Jacob.

The news was the hot topic for the next few days until Samiko, a dance club student, got pregnant.

It was funny how the students described the event with vivid expressions and details.

Many reasons resurfaced as the busybodies tried to guess why they fought in the very first place.

"Maybe they fought over Andrea?"

"What if they were secretly best friends and had a fallout?"

"I heard from Stephen that Jacob slept with Elias's sister."

My favorite was:

"They are secret lovers and had a lover's spat!"

Eli and I (mostly me) had a great laugh over the last one.

My mind went to the actual reason they fought, and I felt my heart warm. I bit my lip hard to avoid any silly smile making its way on my face.

Even if Eli had tried to hide it, I managed to snag the real details from Aaron.

The same smile slipped from my face when I remembered that day. I felt guilty fucking Aaron, even if we weren't romantically involved in any way.

It wasn't the first time after I started talking to Eli, but the last instance he caught me with Aaron.

Losing myself into physical pleasures was my way of creating an emotional barrier between us. But the guilt was weighing my shoulders down.

Pushing the thoughts aside, I tugged my clothes over my undergarments. My eyes strayed towards Eli's window.

He had his curtains drawn close, making me smile slightly.

I walked my way down the stairs and stopped short at the sight of my sister.

She was just in a long t-shirt as she sipped the hot coffee. Her hair was a bird's nest, the bird that makes a horrible nest. She had hickeys along the curve of her neck, reminding me about the lack of sleep.

Lea was screaming like a banshee in heat, and the thin walls didn't help my case.

Ignoring her presence, I got myself a cup of coffee. The Keurig brewed my Death Wish k-pod as I scrolled through my social media. I avoided her eyes at all costs as she stared at me with intent.

Sipping on my bitter elixir, I kept my eyes stuck on the screen. We were out of granola bars, meaning time for grocery shopping.

Just as I tried to make my way out of the kitchen, she spoke up.