Chapter fourteen| Dark hair theory

I coated a second layer of the lipstick on my lips, making sure that they look the perfect shade of burgundy. I silently thanked the Gods above for finding a matte lipstick that didn't dry my lips like the fucking Sahara desert.

"You don't need the makeup," I heard Eli say from the other side of the door. I rolled my eyes at his statement. Opening up my bathroom door, I stepped out in my bathroom with my makeup done to perfection.

Narrowing my eyes, I placed my hands on my hips. "What did you say?"

Eli gulped at my tone and bit his lips. "You don't need makeup?" The statement came out as a timid question.

I huffed and placed my hands on his shoulders. "Eli, every girl who applies makeup, isn't insecure. Yes, all of us have insecurities, but they are too insignificant to care about most of the time," I said, feeling exasperated.

I turned and made my way towards the bathroom once again. I stopped and gave him a look over my shoulder. "Some of us like to apply makeup. It is like a refreshing exercise. For me, it is also empowering in a sense." I added to my argument.

I closed the door behind me and untied the robe I was wearing. The soft material slid down my body as silence ensued from the other side of the door.

A few minutes later, I made my way out of the bathroom, ready for the party. Eli looked up from his phone at the sound of the door opening and froze. His eyes went wide along with his mouth as he almost dropped his phone.

His reaction was flattering, making me blush a little. I gave a small twirl in front of him, making him avert his eyes.

"You look hot," he said, still in a daze. "But why are you wearing lingerie to a party?" He gestured at my dress.

I rolled my eyes and sat next to him on my bed. "It is a slip dress, not lingerie," I corrected him, gesturing at my burgundy short slip dress that hugged my chest nicely and flared around my body, stopping in the middle of my thighs.

He huffed and did a once over. His eyes didn't linger at any point in my body as he looked solely at the dress. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to make me feel bad or better.

"Just try to avoid any twirls," he said out of the blue. "You might flash yourself to someone."

A mischievous smile lit my features. "Did you see my black lace panties, Eli?" I teased.

His face turned to a dark shade of beet red, making him look cute.

"Of course not. It was just advice," he tried to say nonchalantly. He cleared his throat awkwardly and stared at the neon sign above my bed.

"Are you ready for the party?" I asked, trying to make conversation. He didn't stiffen, but the shrug he offered was the answer enough.

"I will be there with you all the time, I promise, Eli," I said as I tried to show my sincerity through my words. My hands snake towards his, and I entwined my fingers with his.