Chapter twenty-two | Girl love

Andrea got on her tip-toes and framed Navya's face in her hands. Forcing her face closer, she kissed Navya soundly on her lips.

The gasps echoed in the canteen, matching mine and Connor's gasp. It would have been a comical sight if it wasn't my best-friend getting sucked on by my crush.

Everyone in the room was busy staring at them as they made out in front of the entire school. A few students, who had their camera lenses directed at the fight between Andrea and Jacob, turned towards them.

With concern shining on her face, Cynthia shifted towards Connor and me. Her eyes analyzed our expression with worry.

While Connor was too busy absorbing the scene in front of us, I pointed my gaze on Cynthia.

The lack of shock on her features was sign enough that she knew. Before I could question more, my eyes turned towards the scene as more commotion occurred.

By now, Navya had pushed Andrea away. Her breathing was harsh, matching Andrea's. Navya had lipstick marks all around her mouth as Andrea's purple lipstick was smudged on the edges.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing?" Navya bellowed as she crossed her arms.

For a moment, her eyes flickered our way.

I wanted to turn around to look at Connor's face too, but I was scared. I was afraid of the heartbroken look, I might see it.

Connor was slowly returning to normal, coming out of the shell he was in after the breakup, but this would make things difficult for him.

"I-I kissed you. I shouldn't have without asking you." Andrea's last words were a mumble by the end.

"You should have never kissed her. She is a girl, and you are fucking straight," Jacob shouted in anger. He stomped closer to Andrea, making everyone tense.

With her eyes blazing, Andrea pinned him with a glare. "I am a bisexual, not straight. Get it through your thick brain!"

Jacob stared right back and then turned towards Navya. His shoulders sagged as realization drew in. "She was the one you cheated on me with," he stated.

His mouth lifted in a snarl, but he pulled away. Scoffing, he stomped his way out of the canteen.

"Well, that was dramatic," Connor commented as Jacob made his way out.

Surprised, I whirled around. I was going to question his statement, but my words died on my tongue.

He fixed his eyes on Navya as he fiddled with his fingers.

His face was impassive, but the pain in his eyes was clear. Making jokes was Connor's coping mechanism.

Feeling my stare, he looked down at me and smiled. It was a sad smile, displaying a wide range of emotions.