53: I Love You Too (Finale)

Question: how much did this book make you feel? Are there any memories that will stick with you for a really long time after reading this book?

Answer: the fact that I wrote and completed this book is a memory that will stay with me forever.

(Please don't play the song until it tells you to for added effect. Alternatively, you can just play it at the end of the chapter, but NOT at the beginning. Please.)

(Friendly warning: mild sexual activity in this chapter. So, um, look out for that.)

Chapter 53 - I Love You, Too

Chapter 53 - I Love You, Too. (Finale)

Oliver

"I can't believe that Olly had four girlfriends in highschool," Khalid laughed for the billionth time.

It was Sunday evening and we were all in the common area; Chris, Khalid, Mako, Patrick, Justin, Jess, Yadiri, Alex-- just our crew here in Lighthouse. Shirley and Kevin had both left school earlier today.

Kevin left before Shirley did, though. His uncle came really early to pick him up. Shirley left during the early hours of the afternoon. I knew because she and Chris had been on FaceTime as she packed her bags.

Jess was currently telling everyone how I tried to navigate through my sexuality back in highschool by having numerous girlfriends. Well, they were just four, yet she kept using the word 'numerous'.

"Yes! And the funny thing is some of those relationships ended really terribly," she laughed boisterously, holding her chest and stomach. "I'm sorry, Olly. I'm so sorry but-" she just couldn't help herself and the laughter that was about to choke her.

Everyone present now was laughing at her story, thereby laughing at the jokes made at my expense. Despite the fact that everyone was laughing at me, I wasn't even bothered or upset at all. It was funny and they all deserved to laugh. They all deserved to know about it since we'd all been sharing really embarrassing stories of ourselves tonight anyway.

"Good lord!" Khalid screeched, laughing so hard that he was gasping for air.

"You're laughing? Don't forget you had a Christian girlfriend who wanted a polygamous relationship," I pointed out in an attempt to change the tide of this conversation. But it was to no avail.

"At least it was just one girl. You had four, Olly. Not one, not two, not even three. Four!" Mako defended him.

"Exactly!" Khalid exclaimed in between laughs.

It seemed there was no way I was getting off the hook so soon.

"And he was the one who did the break up with each and every one of them. He probably did it without giving them tangible reasons," Jess added, almost rolling out of the sofa.