13: Chafer's Request

Picture of Kevin Gayle (^^)

Chapter 13 - Chafer's request

Oliver

Khalid drove Chris and I to school on this very slow day, I honestly felt like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. In fact, I really did; my head was hanging down from the bed and both my legs were like poles. They repelled, staying far away from each other. I mostly exhibit my bad sleeping posture, when I'm stressed or incredibly fatigued the night before. I was none of those, so the reason behind my awful sleep last night was a mystery I did not care the solve. At least not now, I had a busy day ahead of me.

We had a quick breakfast at the closest cafeteria before heading off to our various classes.

Aside from my uncomfortable sleep the previous night, today seemed really uneventful. That was probably one of major reasons today seemed so slow and unfulfilling. The way the seconds crawled by at a snail's pace was palpable. It could've been my lack of attention and interest in the lectures we had, it could've been so many things but I just wasn't feeling today.

Not like I've really felt other days anyway.

The second professor gave us an assignment out of the course textbook and a research project, saying it was due by Monday. I couldn't even complain, they always gave us such a short period of time to get a lengthy homework done.

After our last class, I had absolutely nothing else planned for the day, Shirley, Kevin and I simply walked out of the lecture hall and found ourselves wandering around campus. All in the name of getting familiar with the school. It was completely expected of Kevin anyway, the kid is energetic and always in high spirits.

"Oi! Denberg is fiiine." He spoke up, getting our attention. Him dragging the last word just further proved my thoughts of him being positive and so peppy about almost everything.

I sighed audibly, wishing I could feel the way he feels about school.

"I know, right? Everything is just in order," Shirley spoke next. Approving what Kevin had just said.

I groaned this time, distinctively notifying them of my inner frustration.

"Unfortunately someone has other negative opinions of the school," Shirley continued to speak. Glaring at me, which didn't fail to make it obvious that I was the one she was referring to.

I raised my hand in surrender, withdrawing from them a bit. "Woah! okay, don't look at me like that. I do like Denberg. I just don't like that I'm in Denberg." I explained, stressing the last sentence to make them understand. I brought down my hands and resumed walking at the same pace with them before I continued, "see two totally different things right here." I motioned with my hands, weighing them in the air to show difference.