09: A Mason in Denberg

Picture of Shirley Grey (^^)

Chapter 9 - A Mason in Denberg

Oliver

"Ow!" I moaned when the phone hit my face. Rubbing my nose, I felt a slight pain as I did. I then sprung up from my bed with such speed and stood on my feet.

Panicking and pacing around my room before I walked to the fridge and gulped down a whole bottle of water. That didn't seem to be enough but I feared that my stomach would explode if I took another bottle.

What? How did he even find out?

Checking my notifications I found out he'd already liked my post alongside Jess who commented 'Yass biitch'.

I could just ignore the text right right? The thought came into my head and I began to put it into serious consideration. I mean people ignore people, this will not be the first time it will happen neither will it be the last.

I was still contemplating on what to do when I received another text from him, I saw the full text in the notification so I didn't even have to open it to read.

Mason
Oliver it's me, Mason

Despite seeing the preview already I couldn't stop myself from opening the text right after the notification disappeared from the top of my screen.

What am I doing?!

I read his messages continuously, I couldn't think clearly. I really wanted to call Jess but I had to learn to make certain decisions for myself and also handle issues like this on my own, true she's my best friend and she's supposed to help me during my troubled times but there were some things that I'm required by myself to handle alone. This was one of those things and I just somehow needed a way to clear my head so I could think straight.

After calming myself I sat back on my bed, taking deep breaths to fill my lungs and clear my vision. I wasn't scared or terrified that Mason texted me, I was more amazed and bewildered at the same time. I couldn't believe Mason still followed me or still felt the need to keep in touch.

Me

Yes, it's Oliver.

I replied, typing really slowly as I scanned every letter I clicked on. This was unusual for me because I normally type really fast and I make little to no typographical errors. I didn't want him to think I was uninterested in a chat with him so I added.

Me
What's up?

I typed quickly this time following up my first text message. As quickly as my own text delivered his bubble came up