10: Easy one to talk to

Picture of Khalid and Oliver ^_^

Chapter 10 - Easy one to talk to.

Oliver

I woke up to a bright Tuesday morning, another day of school. I was able to start little conversations with more people apart from Shirley, who used to be the only one I talked to. Most of these people were girls since it took so much effort to hold a conversation with a boy, so I completely avoided it. I was already putting all my birr into school work, I refused to bother myself with the strive to make new friends.

However, I was able to make just one male friend through Shirley, his name was Kevin he was also in the same department with the both of us. He seemed really gentle and cool, you could classify him as your regular kind of guy just like me, if you think I'm regular, only I could tell he was straight and maybe stretched far too thin by his religious beliefs to bend.

Not that I was attracted to him, I just love to analyse people but I don't let it cloud my judgement. People could be far different from what you perceive them to be, just like Khalid. I once thought he was a regular clichéd jock but it appears he's very different from that.

Despite being an active church goer Kevin never judged or cautioned us whenever we used cuss words, he wasn't a fervently religious person neither was he a hypocrite because he sometimes used these cuss words.

He didn't look so much older than me so I imagined he was around my age, I didn't want to ask. Going around asking every single person I come across their age is a habit I didn't want to cultivate in the university. It didn't just make me a poke noser, it also made me come off as a very insensitive person which truly I wasn't, just me being unnecessarily inquisitive and I also knew this could maybe get a broken nose and swollen purple eyes.

I don't appreciate either of those things.

We sat through the only lecture we had on Tuesdays it was quite fun, the professor had fun unique ways of brightening up everyone's mood and carrying the whole class along. Tuesdays automatically became my best days of the week because of him.

Shirley and Kevin both stayed on campus, I bid them goodbye as we went our separate ways after we had exited the heart of the school together. I had absolutely no idea what Chris's schedule was like and I didn't bother to find out, I wasn't clingy neither was I some kind of social leech who doesn't know when to let go, I didn't want to make him or anyone I might come across during my years in the university to think that.

I must admit to myself I was a social leech back in highschool, the only one I held on to was Jessica this was because I was way too scared to make new friends and I felt almost everyone disliked me. This extremely false belief of mine made me lose so many potential friends as they just couldn't handle my egregious paranoia.

Luckily for me I was able to retain my friendship with Jess after surviving so many ups and downs, I had a feeling since we've come this far there's not end to it. Mason stuck around as well even after being aware of how I can be, this made me more befuddled than happy, if I'm being honest to myself.