21: You're in my Head

(Warning: This chapter contains self-inflicted pleasure, but don't worry it's not too graphic

(Warning: This chapter contains self-inflicted pleasure, but don't worry it's not too graphic. You'll be fine kids, we're not there yet.)

Chapter 21 - You're in my Head.

Oliver

Finding my way back to my room was not completely easy, I tried my best to recall the places Khalid and I walked through before we got to the garden. Navigating through the compound, going from turn to turn, I even circled around twice before I found the lift.

But on my way back finding the lift wasn't the dominant thought on my mind, I could not get myself to stop thinking about what I heard just some minutes ago from Alex. Jessica's name escaped that venomous mouth of his, if that isn't beyond terrifying I wonder what is.

Taking the lift up to my floor, I found out Jess and Yadiri had gone to bed. Their door was locked, and I could almost hear Jess psychically yell: 'don't you dare knock on that door'.

Refraining from provoking the goddess, I headed straight to my room. I could just take my laptop in the morning anyway, I was with my phone so I did not have much to worry about.

Pulling out my phone from my pocket, I wanted to check the time because I thought it was still too early for the girls to be sleeping. I turned on my screen and was faced with the huge clock on my screensaver. Ogling at it like in complete surprise, I couldn't believe my eyes.

11:48PM said the time.

It felt like just five minutes ago Khalid called me to come out, and it felt like we spent only two minutes in the garden before we were interrupted by an annoying Alex.

I shook my head wondering why I was even surprised, time crawled at a snail's pace whenever I was around Khalid. It just seemed like everyone and everything holds for a while, whenever Khalid speaks to me.

Holding down the handle of my door I pushed it open, sighing as the warmth of my room welcomed me and the cold aggressive wind fell silent. I couldn't believe the level of carelessness I had just exhibited, leaving my room unlocked for this long. My mum would've flipped and gave a seventy hour lecture on safety, but then my dorm was sitting pretty in protection so there wasn't much to be worried about.

Freeing myself from the clothes I was putting on, I sped right into the bathroom for a nice warm shower. The cold had had its turn dealing with me, now it was time for the sweet sensation of hot water.

During my time in the bathroom I couldn't stop thinking about what Alex had to talk to Khalid about, or why he even wanted to talk to Khalid in the first place.

I had come to terms with the fact that I hated seeing those two together, I wasn't going to fight it anymore. Still trying not to hate Alex, I couldn't help but shake my head whenever the thought of him came to mind. I'd like to believe I wasn't jealous, I was just annoyed and galled by his attitude.