38: Out and Proud

Question: if you could get into a relationship with your first crush would you take the offer or is it a hard pass for you now because you're not young and blind anymore?

Answer: it depends on sooo many things, but still, I'll frigging pass! I don't know what I was thinking. XD

Chapter 38 - Out and Proud

Oliver

Just like that, the weekend had brisked past me. I wasn't even shocked by this anymore, it had become way too familiar. The week crawled so slowly while the weekend ran by at the speed of sound, light would be an offensive exaggeration. 

Mason and I had finally gotten the chance to redo our first lunch at the Ledbury Basque lounge and eatery, the only decent, actual restaurant around campus. The rest were just small diners. Our first lunch there had taken a dive and I ended up sending him home, preventing him from dropping me off at Lighthouse. 

This time, he stopped me right in front of my gate like the gentleman he was. The lunch was a success, more than a success even, because after that we drove around streets for a while, talking and exhausting gas. I could say my day was well spent because it really was. 

Going up to my room, I realised it was already evening; 5:46 p.m. I spent a few hours on FaceTime with Kevin while doing some assignments together. I was way too full already, so I was just going to eat chocolates. I probably wasn't going to have dinner for two reasons. 

The first one being: I was too tired to enter the kitchen and get something done. While the other one was a little more complicated than the first. I hadn't seen or spoken to Jess or Yadiri since Friday after I walked out of the game we were all playing. They hadn't come to see me throughout Saturday and I hadn't left my room to see them either, or anyone, in fact. 

Shirley was probably still in Lighthouse, staying with her boyfriend in his room while Khalid was sleeping God knows where, because I didn't care. I tried not to care, my efforts weren't blossoming, however. 

Sunday was almost over and I hadn't seen or spoken to them yet. I didn't want this to turn into something bigger than just a disagreement between Alex and I, Alex and Khalid, and then ruin my friendship with the girls. 

An hour or two after hanging up from the video call with Kevin and getting some studying done, I got into shorts, picked my phone and keys then walked out of my room. Locking it behind me and walking straight towards the girls'. 

I took one deep breath, then another before knocking and pushing the door open. It was locked this time so I had to wait for someone inside to respond. About a minute later I heard the bolt softly slide open and a crack appeared in the door, revealing an inquisitive Yadiri. 

"Oh hey, Olly," she beamed, relieved, before opening the door a little more and stepping aside for me to enter. 

"How're you doing?" I smiled back, quickly tapping her shoulder.