15: Watchful eyes

Picture of Yadirichukwu Ekenedo (^^)

Chapter 15 - Watchful eyes.

Oliver

We stayed at the lake for quite some time, it was just the two of us in the serene scenery. Nature approved of us, it was an orchestra of sweet melodies all through our stay. Khalid held me for the stretch of time we spent at the lake.

Truthfully I felt a lot calmer less than ten minutes after Khalid had drawn me in closer to him, holding on to me like some fragile parcel, but I really wanted to remain as we were. There was no better position for me, for the both of us at the moment so I came to a conclusion to enjoy it while it lasted.

We both came to a conclusion to head back when the dim orange sun finally started to set and give way to a crimson gallant moon of the night. The temperature heeded and as well dropped with the disappearance of the sun.

On our way back Khalid got me the Chocolates, just as he promised. My favourites to be exact, he'd taken note of the brands I tended to enjoy the most, the brands I craved for the most, and he'd gone for them. Fulfilling his promise to me.

Twisting his lips up in a smile that brightened every corner of his face, and graced his honey brown eyes with its light and rays of a setting orange sun, he spoke.

"A promise made is a promise fulfilled." He said with his usual soft tone, that somehow made everything so much better.

Throughout the drive back to the dorm Khalid played his favourite artist this time. I must admit I was beginning to take a liking to Khalid, his favourite artist. Or maybe it could've been because I'd already taken a liking to someone else first.

When we arrived at the dorm, we got down and he shut the car after he'd parked properly in the garage. Making our way up to our floor with the help of the lift, Khalid held onto the bag of Chocolates. He refused to let me carry it. We got out of the lift and trekked leisurely down the hallway, there was absolutely no hurry at all. At this point every nerve and muscle in my body were relaxed and basking in the glory of my high spirits.

"Uhh... umm..." I stammered. I was overwhelmed with bliss by how today had turned out to be, and I spent it with just one person, Khalid. That alone was enough to turn me into a bright red tomato.

We'd gotten to my door, Khalid just stood there with a gleam smile plastered across his face at me, patiently waiting for me to say something. Like his silence was gonna help, it only made me a lot more speechless. As I mentally rid my head free of cobwebs, I just stood there, blankly staring at his smile.

"So?" He spoke, trying to help me out, "I'm a wondrous, breath taking individual with a formidable personality. Say it" he suggested, trying to put words into my mouth.

That was enough to snap me out of the fairy tale daydream his smile had cast on me.

I widened my eyes at him, ogling with my mouth gapped.